Ford Transit seat swivels (1 Viewer)

combi

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Funster No
I have finally give up on trying to obtain a seat swivel for the passenger side side seat that is a straight forward swop (not very handy) and the only ones I can find all say not easy and I am reluctant to try. I know I don't sit in the passenger seat very often but feel that my normal fixes, cable ties and duct tape,would not be fair on my passenger !!

During my searches for a swivel I did come across one for the drivers seat that fitted between the rise and fall mechanism and the seat base. The problem I have now is that as I wasn't looking for a drivers seat swivel at the time I didn't make a note of the web site address (doh).

Have any of you funsters come across this item on their travels round the net?

Thanks again for all your help in the past - one never knows but I may have an answer to someones problem in the future

OP
OP
C

combi

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Funster No
Tried them - nothing suitable

thanks anyway

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Hi old boy I got mine from O Learys, I got a 51 plate Transit I had to trim the plastic skirt round the bottom of the frame as the seat would not swivel:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
http://www.motorcaravanning.co.uk/shopuk/seat_swivels.htm

Fasp is the manufacturer you need. Depending on the year of your Transit, you can only fit a seat swivel on the passenger seat - the handbrake gets in the way of the drivers seat.

You will probably have to enlarge lengthways one of the holes because they don't seem to be made for Right Hand Drive passenger seats but t'other way round, hence the alignment is slightly different. A Dremel is your friend for this job.

I have done this to an 05 Transit, so shout if you need any more help.

OP
OP
C

combi

Free Member
Aug 23, 2010
Funster No
Thanks for that I will be in touch next week if that's OK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back