Another BBQ tragedy .. Mother dies (1 Viewer)

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Yes Jim, I posted this the day it happened, its so sad but it could have been the whole family.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Yes Jim, I posted this the day it happened, its so sad but it could have been the whole family.

sorry, never saw it.. :Doh:

yes very sad.

Part, if not all of the blame must rest with tent manufacturers who don't fit vents in tents made with fabrics that don't 'breathe' .. A lot of tents sold nowadays are cheap imports from China..sold in supermarkets and basically crap on a pole.

I have camped most of my life and would never sleep in a nylon tent.. horrible things, they don't breathe and overnight the roof inside becomes laden with moisture.

I've camped most of my life and would only use a traditional heavy cotton canvas.. as is my current Cabanon..

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
not to sure about that when we had a tent the wife let one rip it kept us a wake all night the smell would not go

that's why sleeping bags have draw cords round the neck :Doh:

you should have strangled her :roflmto:

besides.. methane is heavier than air... you had no chance

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
One should NEVER ever use a gas appliance in an enclosed area like a tent, end of story.

Peter

agreed Peter..

but what about a gas light, popular with campers, they give off CO .. do they have a warning not to use inside a tent ?

also, according to the Mail this was a charcoal barbie..
One theory police are investigating is that she was overcome by carbon monoxide fumes from a barbecue in the entrance to the tent, which had been brought close for warmth.
An source said: 'There would be no flue and slowly burning charcoal would create the fumes.

I doubt they would have it IN the tent .. but all this is conjecture.. we won't know the facts till after the inquest ..

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Cant believe after all the publicity this year people are still ignoring common sense. Thoughts are with her husband and kids.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back