Multimo Sat Dish (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Seriously impressed with this dish on its first outing, far north of Scotland, no TV coverage whatsoever (Loch Eriboll) tuned dish within a couple of minutes, beats my old system clarting (Geordie word translation meaning a time consuming awkward set up) about with a tripod and tools.

In order to reduce clutter carried was thinking of a suction mount for the Multimo Sat dish, Glomex seems to be one anyone any experiences or other recommendations and suppliers. (I'd want to stick it onto roof via skylight for added security)

Stewart

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A super dish the Multimo.... had one for years... threw away the tripod, found it useless, but the suction mount I got from RoadPro is excellent...

JJ :Cool:

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
I have a Multimo and use it as you do, through the skylight onto the roof. Problem I find is removing the satellite finder and reconnecting the arial without disturbing the dish. Maybe this suction mount you mention could be the answer.
Geoff.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I have a Multimo and use it as you do, through the skylight onto the roof. Problem I find is removing the satellite finder and reconnecting the arial without disturbing the dish. Maybe this suction mount you mention could be the answer.
Geoff.

could you not put the sat finder at the box end , i do and have no problem finding the sattellites

EthnGeoff

Free Member
Jan 13, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
April 2009
could you not put the sat finder at the box end , i do and have no problem finding the sattellites

Yes I've tried that Chris, but it can be somewhat fiddly due to the snug fit of our digibox in its storage space and it tends to become a 2 person task seeing whats going on at the finder end whilst I am standing on the table with my top half squeezed through the rooflight. (I do envy those people with a dome)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Yes I've tried that Chris, but it can be somewhat fiddly due to the snug fit of our digibox in its storage space and it tends to become a 2 person task seeing whats going on at the finder end whilst I am standing on the table with my top half squeezed through the rooflight. (I do envy those people with a dome)

EthnGeoff....Make your self a short cable with the "F" plugs on both ends so it comes inside the motorhome roof light. connect one end to your dish and one end to the sat finder...then your other cable to your sat finder to your receiver (it tells you on the sat finder which side to connect too)...set the sat finder going...when you have found the sat required turn sat finder knob anticlockwise till off or no sound leave it on coupled up....(so you want it just inside the roof light out of the weather and to allow the roof light to shut)....Job Done...:thumb:....if you was closer to me I would have given you a couple of "F" plugs a small piece of cable..:thumb:

Mel

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
EthnGeoff....Make your self a short cable with the "F" plugs on both ends so it comes inside the motorhome roof light. connect one end to your dish and one end to the sat finder...then your other cable to your sat finder to your receiver (it tells you on the sat finder which side to connect too)...set the sat finder going...when you have found the sat required turn sat finder knob anticlockwise till off or no sound leave it on coupled up....(so you want it just inside the roof light out of the weather and to allow the roof light to shut)....Job Done...:thumb:....if you was closer to me I would have given you a couple of "F" plugs a small piece of cable..:thumb:

Mel

This may not work if you are way down South as the sat. finder will pinch too much signal, I know as I tried it in S Spain.

To solve that use two F connectors as above then it's simple then to remove the sat finder and use an F connector adapter to join connectors together.

Link Removed

Use one of these & no signal loss.

Aug 21, 2008
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Multimo

I travel with a multimo and I have it fixed to a pole on the ladder rack, easy to setup and never have to keep taking it down and putting it up
Alan

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I travel with a multimo and I have it fixed to a pole on the ladder rack, easy to setup and never have to keep taking it down and putting it up
Alan

Only if your van has a ladder. :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back