Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Done but sadly I feel I am wasting my time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
But petrol and diesel are now so astronomically expensive, it is COSTING the Government money. This is because fewer people can afford to drive, leading to lower tax revenues.

Where is the proof that these statements are accurate?

Therefore, this petition calls on the Government to:
1) Scrap the planned 4p fuel duty increases, which are scheduled for January and August 2012.
2) Create a price stabilisation mechanism that smooths out fluctuations in the pump price.
3) Pressure big oil companies to pass on cheaper oil to motorists.
4) Set up a Commission to look at market competitiveness, and radical ways of cutting fuel taxes in the longer term.

1) Where else (and on who else because presumably the people behind the campaign don't want to pay) should the taxes be levied?
2) How, exactly, would a mechanism be implemented and at what cost to us as taxpayers?
3) How much taxpayer funding do the people behind the campaign expect to be needed to pay for the work involved and where would that money be raised from?
4) How much taxpayer funding do the people behind the campaign expect to be needed to pay for the commission and where would that money be raised from?

welsh winger

Free Member
Jul 7, 2009
Sunny Swansea
Funster No
MH
swift lifestyle
Exp
4 years
I joined this group in the very early days, all they do is fill my inbox inane waffle, I unsubscribed this morning before this post was written, total waste of time, same old british attitude, lets sit a talk about it.

Nick

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I joined this group in the very early days, all they do is fill my inbox inane waffle, I unsubscribed this morning before this post was written, total waste of time, same old british attitude, lets sit a talk about it.

Nick

Me too - complete waste of time.

Inbox inundated with crap for the past couple of years

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Where is the proof that these statements are accurate?

1) Where else (and on who else because presumably the people behind the campaign don't want to pay) should the taxes be levied?
2) How, exactly, would a mechanism be implemented and at what cost to us as taxpayers?
3) How much taxpayer funding do the people behind the campaign expect to be needed to pay for the work involved and where would that money be raised from?
4) How much taxpayer funding do the people behind the campaign expect to be needed to pay for the commission and where would that money be raised from?

I seem to recall "Hug a Hoody Dave " campaigned on the Mechanism system whereby Oil prices would be balanced with Taxation. I suppose that has gone the same way as Hug a Hoody, down the pan.

Don

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I seem to recall "Hug a Hoody Dave " campaigned on the Mechanism system whereby Oil prices would be balanced with Taxation. I suppose that has gone the same way as Hug a Hoody, down the pan.

Don

Did he "campaign" on it or simply dismiss it by hinting that the government would look at it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back