joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
ME :Blush: I pitched on a commercial site & connected my water direct to the mains WITHOUT checking I had a pressure valve fitted:Doh: Needless to say I didn't & the pressure blew the shower pipes apart causing water to p*** out of the near side. Result panic:Eeek: turned off water used jacks to lift van to left so that any water would drain out AND it worked:whatthe: no smelly carpets etc

Have now reconnected internal pipes AND purchased a pressure valve:thumb:

Pusser

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
A week away
Exp
On and off 1981
You could have been the first proud RV owner to have a bidet although with that pressure you may have shot out the roof vent.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I hooked up to city water a few times without a pressure valve; didn't know that I needed one :Doh:luckily I had my error pointed out before any pipes burst. Hope you've dried out nicely:thumb:

RVfulltimer

Free Member
Mar 15, 2008
Funster No
Hi i did the same but blew the seals in the water pump not just once but twice doh

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Havewheelswilltravel

Free Member
Feb 25, 2011
Farnham
Funster No
MH
American RV A class
Exp
God 1st a Bedford when the wheel was invented
Glad you have it sorted and dried out.
I know what panic you must have had, I had filled up and switched on water pump heard a funny sound then noted pump was running without a tap on bloody connector at back of shower split and came off. So I just look at it as a learning curve and laugh about it now.

Alan

RVfulltimer

Free Member
Mar 15, 2008
Funster No
My friend flooded our toilet area ,he flushed the toilet and the pedal stuck down he not being an rv owner thought that it stopped flushing on its own only realised when after a few minutes i could still hear the pump running and water coming under the toilet door .

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I have a gauge fitted on mine, but I have never seen it go over about 3bar. (45psi) their must be some serious pressures about. :Smile:

Ian

Attachments

• DSCN8691 (600 x 449).jpg
    DSCN8691 (600 x 449).jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 29
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have a gauge fitted on mine, but I have never seen it go over about 3bar. (45psi) their must be some serious pressures about. :Smile:

Ian

From your picture it looks like you have a pressure reducing valve, and your pressure gauge is on the other side of it from the mains water. I could be wrong of course.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
From your picture it looks like you have a pressure reducing valve, and your pressure gauge is on the other side of it from the mains water. I could be wrong of course.
thats where it should be :thumb:

to check the pressure between the reducer and 'house' pipework....put it on the mains side and it'll only tell you what the mains pressure is.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
If you look at the picture its redlined at 5bar (75psi) seeing as I have never altered the valve I presume that's what its set to. If I come across a supply that powerful I will reduce it down to around 4 bar.

Ian

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
And I now realise this another thing I know absolutely nothing about :Sad: so will add it to the list of things I have to learn about!!!

Pusser

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
A week away
Exp
On and off 1981
And I now realise this another thing I know absolutely nothing about :Sad: so will add it to the list of things I have to learn about!!!

I saved myself years of work by making a list of things I do know about. :Cool:

....took a fair few minutes even so. :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back