patching satilite sound to the radio (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Ive got a auto-trail scout with the built in freesat box on the drivers side above the front dinnette there is also a radio sound input box here, the rear tv piont is on the oppersite side to the rear in the u shapped lounge. Ive got a humax hdr reciver feed by a portable dish, At home I use the sound output of another humax hdr to feed into a surroundsound, if I coulkd get a cable from the humux to the input of the radio input by the freesat box I could put my mp3s on the hd and have a digital jukebox.

Anybody done simular? if so how did you route the cabling?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
If it's the same as my 700..
In the cupboard above the dinette there should be a 3 way AV switch with a spare port.
From the rear you would maybe have to go down and out through the floor and come up under the dinette seat behind the driver.. Problem is then how to hide the cable up into the cupboard... The original TV aerial going from that area to the rear is within the roof.. So not an option to follow..
OR... you could use a FM Transmitter to send the audio signal from the rear to the front..
Link Removed
However this option will be mono only and remember it will transmit around you so if parked on a site or aire it may affect other radios.

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
should of bought the se , pack on m/h it links it all via a hdmi connector ??:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
got a long 10m cable to connect, I got vidio but no sound?

so I tuned in the on board humax to check and I got vidio but no sound?

I seem to have lost to small remote for the derop down tv but all the functions can be found on the monitor pannal.

I seem to remember when the two power switchs on the modulator pannal next to the three switch were on (yes they are working ok) the radio reception changed to the modulator? this gives the sound for the tv

this is not happing?

help me out here Ive only got today to get it working befor I start double shifts

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
well now I’ve got the thing working again, I’ve got to find a route for the cable, I’m thinking down through the floor under the TV shelf, place cable in flexi conduit tie cable to undersides with cable ties, up into rear dinette area past the water heater then up the corner in a cable router and along the back of the cupboards.

If I can get some blue cloth the same colour as the piping on the seating you will not notice any thing

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Job finished:thumb:

I did not run the cable under the floor, instead I routed down from the TV table behind the cushion stand off, along the panel ( in D shaped wood trunking ) then under the heating ducting and all the way around the inside of the U shaped seating using the D shaped trunking on the outside of the toilet wall. At the base of the toilet wall there is the hot and cold water pipes that go to the rear outside shower. This pipes run under the toilet shower area so I used a long thin peace of plastic to find a route through for the cable. This comes out by the boiler under the rear dinette seat. From there I went up the corner into the top boxes using corner shaped wood effect trunking, I also used this trunking at the rear of the top boxes to hide the cable. I’m well pleased with the job, you can’t see any wiring and nothing looks out of place.

I used the input no2 for the satellite feed as no1 is used for the camera and positions 1 & 2 are auto switching, I put the existing free view (was in no1) into no3 as I rarely use that.

I’ve now got the satellite sound coming through the radio speakers back and front and the picture on the drop down TV as well as on the flat screen in the rear, so when cooking/ eating or washing up shmbo can watch x factor :Doh:(I think I rip it all out)

The only disappointment is the sound from the radio is a little noisy :Angry:I’ve tuned it in 88.6 which seems the best freq setting.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back