Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Tis OK, It'll only be me, the missus, and three of our grandsons:Smile:. We are off to the Tower of London, then an open topped bus tour, plus visits to other places. When they are sufficiently tired out, it will be back home for sleep, then a trip down to Coalhouse fort at tilbury on Sunday morning.
I suppose a fair bit of junk food will be munched, loads of pop drank, and a few liberties taken,...but thats what grandparents are for:RollEyes:.

Reminds me how sometimes, i think youngsters are deprived of things. we took some of the other grandkids to see the lights in London last xmas...they said the most memorable thing, was riding upstairs on a double decker bus, and watching the street signs miss the bus by inches, and being able to see in the first floor of buildings..............simple pleasures::bigsmile:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Not avin a go at the Jewels are ya:Eeek:
The lootins all but done down there:Doh:

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Tis OK, It'll only be me, the missus, and three of our grandsons:Smile:. We are off to the Tower of London, then an open topped bus tour, plus visits to other places. When they are sufficiently tired out, it will be back home for sleep, then a trip down to Coalhouse fort at tilbury on Sunday morning.
I suppose a fair bit of junk food will be munched, loads of pop drank, and a few liberties taken,...but thats what grandparents are for:RollEyes:.

Reminds me how sometimes, i think youngsters are deprived of things. we took some of the other grandkids to see the lights in London last xmas...they said the most memorable thing, was riding upstairs on a double decker bus, and watching the street signs miss the bus by inches, and being able to see in the first floor of buildings..............simple pleasures::bigsmile:

i take it you mean coalhouse fort east tilbury as there is a fort at tilbury as well

if you have an i phone there is an app that gives you a guided walk around
or visit Ray Reeves the ranger and he may lend you a gadget
tell him the old git sent you
i walk round there most days in the morning
if you look in the 365 project you will find a good few photos of coalhouse fort
(365 project l/h side of homesceen 1/3 way down approx):thumb::thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Have a fabulous time xxxx if its a hot day, the Thames Clipper is worth a ride and goes right down to woolwich and back to the london eye.

If any of those going have a disabled badge, take it with you as many of the attractions will let in one person free as a carer.

Near the London eye especially on weekends there are often street acts out and many are extremely good - some entertainment perhaps whilst you have lunch.

Pusser

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
A week away
Exp
On and off 1981
It's good to see someone who is not afraid to discipline their grandchildren although I do feel the Tower of London is a bit harsh. :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back