Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
We are off to Spain for the winter for 3.4 months, leaving 5th Jan thinking of booking for 2 months at bonterra park valencia, as this is an area we have not been to and quite like sound of park from caravan club details and web site. Don't want to go any further south really as have lived and spend a lot of time near marbella. We have only stayed on sites on costa verde
Suggestions would be welcome, not used to staying that long in one place, but we need to keep the costs down. We plan to meander back through France April/may time
Travelling Portsmourth Santander, as have costed it and with airmiles and cost of diesel most cost effective

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We are off to Spain for the winter for 3.4 months, leaving 5th Jan thinking of booking for 2 months at bonterra park valencia, as this is an area we have not been to and quite like sound of park from caravan club details and web site. Don't want to go any further south really as have lived and spend a lot of time near marbella. We have only stayed on sites on costa verde
Suggestions would be welcome, not used to staying that long in one place, but we need to keep the costs down. We plan to meander back through France April/may time
Travelling Portsmourth Santander, as have costed it and with airmiles and cost of diesel most cost effective

That's just what we are planning, except we will be travelling through France. We would be very interested in any sites funsters can recommend.

Ginny and Mike

billy&val

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
swansea
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 years
We stayed at Bonterra Park last winter i'ts a very good site with a mix of Dutch an German
campers who all get on pretty well. There's a Mercadona right outside the gate and
Lidl just up the road so you have no worrys about shopping.
There's a loverly beach that's a short stroll from the campsite (about 10 min) with a
loverly prom, the town again is about 10 min walk with lots of tapas bars very nice there.
The site gets very full over the winter so would pre book if you can to avoid dissapointment
as it is very popular I hope this helps.

Billy & Val

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Bonterra park is nice. But I dont think I could spend much time there.
If you want somewhere a bit different,,
Link Removed
Just off the A23 heading out of Valencia.

We have only stayed here 1 night while coming back from Benidorm last November BUT got chatting to a couple of Brits who went there over a few years and they commented about the prices.. If you look at the website they do JAN and FEB for 180euro a month inc electric.. NOTE.. It is a hilly site so you need strong legs :Smile:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
No mention of The Spanish Job - Marjal !

The meet at Marjal is in March I think, we want somewhere to stay Jan/Feb, then Marjal then back up to Santa Suzanna for April-May.

Mike has COPD and last winter was very hard for him so we have decided that we ought to winter where it is warm - the warmer the better!!

Ginny

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
We stayed at Bonterra Park last winter i'ts a very good site with a mix of Dutch an German
campers who all get on pretty well. There's a Mercadona right outside the gate and
Lidl just up the road so you have no worrys about shopping.
There's a loverly beach that's a short stroll from the campsite (about 10 min) with a
loverly prom, the town again is about 10 min walk with lots of tapas bars very nice there.
The site gets very full over the winter so would pre book if you can to avoid dissapointment
as it is very popular I hope this helps.

Billy & Val

I have just looked at Bontera Park - the prices are very confusing!! Any idea how much it costs for 30 days, Motorhome, 2 adults and 2 dogs??

Ginny

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Try Cap Blanch in Albir, Costa Blanca.

We didnt like Bonterra Park.

Jim
:Smile:

kinsleyboy

Free Member
Dec 11, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
Oct 09

Jim
Sorry to hijack your thread but can I ask why you didn't like Bonterra Park please Jim.
And why recommend Cap Blanch?
I've not been to either so I'm interested for possible future trips?

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
On our Spanish oddyssey a couple of years ago..we were going to stay at Bonterra Park but when we tried to book we were told sorry full up that was at the beginning of February..so booking is advisable..However we stayed at Camping El Eden in Peniscola it's in The ACSI book..good discounts for long stays...good facilities...easy walk into town market on a Monday many different stalls...lots of good restaurants...beach is 100metres away..good mix of Dutch German Scandinavians and Brits campers
We had a trip down to Bonterra Park one day with some friends..glad we stayed in Peniscola...just seemed to be a lot of concrete there...El Eden was a lot greener and more open in it's aspect!!

OP
OP
S

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
campt sites in spain

I have just looked at Bontera Park - the prices are very confusing!! Any idea how much it costs for 30 days, Motorhome, 2 adults and 2 dogs??

Ginny
Caravan quote motorhome and 2 people incl elec at£9.24 not sure how much for dogs
Glynis

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Sorry to hijack your thread but can I ask why you didn't like Bonterra Park please Jim.
And why recommend Cap Blanch?
I've not been to either so I'm interested for possible future trips?

Bonterra Park seemed too regimented. I think the whole of Holland was there at the time. It was very clique. The staff weren't particularly pleasant. The gale force wind along the front never seemed to stop and the place felt very sterile. It did have a very good pool.

Cap Blanch has a much better feel to it with a lot more of a varied nationality there. Its just across the road from the beach with plenty of space to walk along the front without the wind.

There are plenty of shops, restaurants, bars and café's and the railway station is just up the road for away day trips. The staff are excellent.

There is no pool at Cap Blanch.

This is just my opinion you understand,

Jim

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The meet at Marjal is in March I think, we want somewhere to stay Jan/Feb, then Marjal then back up to Santa Suzanna for April-May.

Mike has COPD and last winter was very hard for him so we have decided that we ought to winter where it is warm - the warmer the better!!
Ginny

Warmer the better has to be Morocco.

You've not put yourselves down for Marjal ( page 26 of the thread has the current list ) but the discount booking is available until Dec.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Quite a few Funsters are spending the winter at Zahora - can't remember the name of the site, a lot of them were there last year, so can't be too bad - if you want more information send Bryan or Suzy a pm, they can give you more information - We will be heading that way after spending Christmas and New Year in Portugal with friends.

Nigel and Pamala

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Can't wait !!

Quite a few Funsters are spending the winter at Zahora - can't remember the name of the site, a lot of them were there last year, so can't be too bad - if you want more information send Bryan or Suzy a pm, they can give you more information - We will be heading that way after spending Christmas and New Year in Portugal with friends.

Nigel and Pamala

That's where I am going ! Travelling (meandering slowly) late November through France from Calais arriving at Zahora early December !! Hola !!!!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::thumb: :thumb:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
That's where I am going ! Travelling (meandering slowly) late November through France from Calais arriving at Zahora early December !! Hola !!!!:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::thumb: :thumb:

see you all there then, we driving thru France, via Dunkerque early December, its adviseable to book campsite, all those there last year had to leave a deposit:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
On our Spanish oddyssey a couple of years ago..we were going to stay at Bonterra Park but when we tried to book we were told sorry full up that was at the beginning of February..so booking is advisable..However we stayed at Camping El Eden in Peniscola it's in The ACSI book..good discounts for long stays...good facilities...easy walk into town market on a Monday many different stalls...lots of good restaurants...beach is 100metres away..good mix of Dutch German Scandinavians and Brits campers
We had a trip down to Bonterra Park one day with some friends..glad we stayed in Peniscola...just seemed to be a lot of concrete there...El Eden was a lot greener and more open in it's aspect!!

Hi, that looks good, but what was the weather like in Jan/February, we thought we would have to go a lot further south to enjoy warmth and sun.

Has anyone stayed near Benidorm over winter?

Ginny and Mike

OP
OP
S

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Bonterra park is nice. But I dont think I could spend much time there.
If you want somewhere a bit different,,
Link Removed
Just off the A23 heading out of Valencia.

We have only stayed here 1 night while coming back from Benidorm last November BUT got chatting to a couple of Brits who went there over a few years and they commented about the prices.. If you look at the website they do JAN and FEB for 180euro a month inc electric.. NOTE.. It is a hilly site so you need strong legs :Smile:
Looked at this site, but my husband is disabled and has difficulty walking, so not for us for a long stay thanks anyway
Glynis

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Benicassim

Benicassim is a very nice place to spend a bit of time in winter and there are two sites Bonterra and Azahar and they both take accsi cards,
Azahar is nearer to the beach but is scruffier and less formal and there is also a cheap site in the next village north ,camping Didota at Marina Dor Its a typical spanish site on the seafront and it also takes accsi 11 euros a night and 9 euros if you stay 30 days with electric and free internet access on there own computers.
We've spent a month or so in Benicassim for the last few years but we've usually free camped and left before december as we found it started to get to cold at night, lots of people stay there for the whole whole winter so its probably us just being being picky.
If you can cycle there is a fantastic cycle route along the old railway track around the coast
and there is also a decent market on thursdays
hope this is helpfull
Alan:thumb:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, that looks good, but what was the weather like in Jan/February, we thought we would have to go a lot further south to enjoy warmth and sun.

Has anyone stayed near Benidorm over winter?

Ginny and Mike

The weather was reasonable during the day.....T/Shirt and shorts....but it did turn a little chilly of an evening and we stuck the heating on for an hour or two to keep the van warm...The site at Peniscola is literally on the beach...well a 2 minute walk and they have or did have little keep fit apparatus on the beach for all to use..forgot to mention use of Wi-Fi was 25 euros for a month and a good connection too...We were streaming Pulse radio Gold (from Bradford ) on line every day there is a website try this link... www.camping-eden.com hope this helps...

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Sites in Spain

We are off to Spain for the winter for 3.4 months, leaving 5th Jan thinking of booking for 2 months at bonterra park valencia, as this is an area we have not been to and quite like sound of park from caravan club details and web site.

Hi, went their last year and loved it. Close to the town and beach with great cycle paths. PM Bilkce as he was in the same campsite.

Book early and when you get there walk around the site and try and choose your plot first before parking up. Staff were very helpful and pool great.

Have fun, S

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi, looking at the Pensicola web site, got the price list, but don't understand the plot types to the price list,would need to suit a 7m Motorhome with awning. Any help would be welcome.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Have stayed on both Bonterra and Azahar and found that Azahar was far more friendlier also if the space is available Azahar gives you two pitches. At Azahar the showers and toilets have central heating and all sinks including washing up have very very hot water.
Azahar is a bit further from the town and supermarkets, but then you are on holiday so no rush.
There is a lovely paseo to stroll along and a new cycle lane has been built on the old railway line.
It can get a little bit cold some days but overall it is usually dry and warm.
They do ACSI but I would check before using it as last year we stopped for two weeks and got a price of 10 euros per night for two adults motorhome and a dog our cat got in for free.
Bill

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
Cap Blanch Albir

Jim
Hola Jim
Only been to Cap Blanch once and thought it was a bit scruffy and facilities not the best. Beach also very pebbly. Dont really like Albir anyway but spose its better than Benidorm Did hear that the owners have been trying to sell it for housing site but its only rumour
Never been to Bonterra Park though. :Cool:

OP
OP
S

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Thanks for every ones help, we still haven't decided, would like an inside pool, but some them look very small pitches, considering just going for the new Marjal, for 2/3 months but find the pricing complicated.
regards peter & glynis

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
the new Marjal, for 2/3 months but find the pricing complicated.
regards peter & glynis

Not that bad....

91 day rate: €7.65 pitch, €1.80 per adult.

So 2 people €11.26 less 30% = €7.85 per day or €716.62 for 91 days.

BUT plus electricity when they read your meter.

offwego

Free Member
May 13, 2011
France
Funster No
MH
Hymer T656
Exp
I am a newbie
Villa Nova Park

Hi all,
Apologies for contributing to this thread rather late. We have just returned from a very pleasant one week stay at a campsite just outside Collioure in SE France. I will not go into the virtues or otherwise of this site unless anyone would like to pm me.
While there, we met a British couple who were heading for Villa Nova Park which I understand is south of Sitges. They extolled the virtues of this site. That is, cheap stays for 60 plus nights during the winter months (approximately 10 Euros per night), indoor heated swimming pool, gynasium and proximity to a good golf course to name but a few.
We are contemplating heading to Spain for 2 or 3 months from January 2012.
Has anyone stayed at this site during the winter period and if so I would be interested in their opinions.

regards,
offwego

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Sites in Spain for the Winter

:Smile: Hi,

We arrived here in Peniscola last Friday. We are staying at Camping Ferrer. Its on the main road from the motorway turning. A nice intimate Spanish site, lovely owners. A restaurant on site. Not so big as Camping Eden but VERY close to the town and port all within 10 mins walk. Weather has been warm and sunny. We intend to stick it out here and see what the winter brings. Normally drive to Almeria but like this place. More convenient if you have no transport.

Hope to see some Funsters?

:winky:

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Villa Nova

Hi all,
Apologies for contributing to this thread rather late. We have just returned from a very pleasant one week stay at a campsite just outside Collioure in SE France. I will not go into the virtues or otherwise of this site unless anyone would like to pm me.
While there, we met a British couple who were heading for Villa Nova Park which I understand is south of Sitges. They extolled the virtues of this site. That is, cheap stays for 60 plus nights during the winter months (approximately 10 Euros per night), indoor heated swimming pool, gynasium and proximity to a good golf course to name but a few.
We are contemplating heading to Spain for 2 or 3 months from January 2012.
Has anyone stayed at this site during the winter period and if so I would be interested in their opinions.

regards,
offwego

We were at Villa |Nova in Feb 2011 on our way south and stayed there for 2 weeks (special offer 14 days for price of 11 using our ASCI card). Very accomodating site we had a 34' RV and that was no problem at all. Some of the pitches can be shaded so try to find one without trees if you can cos at that time of year its can still be a bit nippy. The pitches on the lower part of the site are service pitches the ones higher up are not. All have electric. Lovely inside pool area with hot tub and saunas. The toilet blocks were spotless and plenty of hot water for doing your washing. Ironing facilities as well. We would definately go there again. Another plus point is that there is a bus stop just outside the site.:thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back