mudmover

Free Member
Apr 30, 2010
Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I'm sure this has been asked a million times already but can anyone advise how to remove the black marks that are formed from water running off MH when its not in use.....I tried with wax but to no avail.

Got to keep my sparkling nearly 12month old dethleffs sparkling::bigsmile:

cheers
MM

OP
OP
M

mudmover

Free Member
Apr 30, 2010
Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
T Cut

T-cut does it for me, and any other stubborn marks i come across:thumb:

Tim

Dosen't Tcut gradually thin the paint layer? Its ok once in a blue moon BUT I'm looking for somthing to use say every 3months.....The MH is you yet ready to be decorated with smiling faces and rainbows ect :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i use autoglym motorcycle cleaner put on with a small rag,(it wont harm the paintwork),just before i wash it:thumb:

Upvote 0

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Buy a bottle of "Star Drops" the plain type in a bottle that you dilute, and use an old plastic spray..

Not the Kitchen Star Drops Spray... That contains "Bleach"...:Sad:

Spray diluted onto offending area and the black marks will wipe off easy.. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Dosen't Tcut gradually thin the paint layer? Its ok once in a blue moon BUT I'm looking for somthing to use say every 3months.....The MH is you yet ready to be decorated with smiling faces and rainbows ect :ROFLMAO:
most motorhomes dont have paint as such.....its a gel coat applied in the laying up process of the fiberglass panel and is more robust than regular paint.

a good wipedown and regular waxing, especially round the window openings, after rain is usually enough to keep black streaks at bay.
the crap seems to leach out of the flexible sealant and rubber window seals.

Upvote 0

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
G101 has been mentioned in previous threads I believe-I have obtained a small bottle but am a bit dubious about it.
When a substance is labelled 'Non-Caustic' and then I see it contains Sodium Hydroxide ::bigsmile: It makes me wonder :ROFLMAO:
Any users care to advise on dilution rates for paintwork ?

Mike.

Upvote 0

dennismartin

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
hi
i use to own a large body shop we would use farecla g10 then a wax as a bodyshop we didnt use silicone wax but it does give a better shine you can also use g 10 on plastic windows works real well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I'm sure this has been asked a million times already but can anyone advise how to remove the black marks that are formed from water running off MH when its not in use.....I tried with wax but to no avail.

Got to keep my sparkling nearly 12month old dethleffs sparkling::bigsmile:

cheers
MM

Try typing streaks into the search engine above.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back