yodeli - last 2 days in London (1 Viewer)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Wow funsters

What a time we have had

We went to central London and despite the timing frankie didnt get to see the whole changing of the guard ceremony - there were so many tourists and the police operations have significantly changed since I last attended this.

She enjoyed watching the military band and had a small view but not what I had hoped for her.

From there we went to Buckingham Palace. WOW. The grand staircase was much less work than I thought it would be, you would hardly know you were walking upstairs. The elegance and splendour you would have to see for yourselves, however I felt it was good value for money as london attractions go today.

We saw Princess Catherine's dress & shoes and her bouquet (which was quite surprising at it was laid on a grave in Westminster Abbey) and there was a video showing how the dress was made and the shoes tailored which was very interesting.

The palace was so enthralling it took nearly a quarter of the day in itself and we indulged (thanks to frankies generosity) in a sandwich and coffee overlooking the palace gardens in their dedicated cafe. I nearly fell through the floor when I saw the prices.

From there we walked through the park, passed downing street, visited the guards museum shop (who ripped frankie off) and then on to Horseguards Parade

Horseguards was sadly being done up for the olympics volleyball so not as magnificant as it usually is, however, she got to see face to face Her Majesty's Lifeguards in their full shining regalia both on foot and on horseback.

From there we walked to the Houses of Parliament and for the first time ever my luck changed and we ended up with two complimentary tour tickets. She really enjoyed it and learnt some history too.

By this time my hip was in agony and my torn ligament throbbing but we trailed onward to mcdonalds in victoria street with a short detour to New Scotland Yard.

I wanted to show her the book of rememberance, because its specially lit and they turn the page everyday but with the new security measures it wasnt possible.

From there we walked to Victoria Station where we bought her ticket to Cheynes and caught a bus back to the London Eye

She didnt want to chance the height as it was a little windy so we caught the clipper ferry boat (luck number 2 - a free ticket for both of us). We travelled down to the tower of london, sneaked a quick coffee in my favourite hotel and caught a bus back to the tower of london just in time for 9.30pm.

My goodness how time flies

Well Frankie had pole position for the ceremony of the keys which is the closing ceremony of the Tower of London - the last time I went they only allowed 10 members of the public at a time and there were far far more than this on that evening. I was quite surprised.

For me it was very emotional, I always cry at the last post, as I remember many friends killed in the falklands, the regents park bombing and the iranian embassy seige and of course my dad.

Frankie really seemed to enjoy it.

We caught a ferry back to embankment and managed to catch the last 2 trains home.

By this time it was about 1am and we were both exhausted.

I really hope she enjoyed her time with us. Its been a real pleasure having her with us.

On her way back she did hint, not London tomorrow please, so I had a chilled day planned which totally went out the window with a tooth disaster.

After 2 hours of phone calls and internet searches I finally found a private dentist to sort out frankies tooth problem.

Its now nearly midnight and she is playing on the Wii with Robert - I am so pleased he asked her to join in and they are laughing as we type.

I am quite sad she is leaving tomorrow (Sunday), I will miss the laughing and the fun.

To anyone hosting her,

She is very easy to feed, she may have a small glass of red wine if offered, she occasionally enjoys cider but does not drink Champagne.

In the morning she likes her coffee white with one sugar but for the rest of the day it is black with one sugar, but her favourite drink is water, so be prepared have loads chilled for her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

She is a fantastic funster and the easiest guest to please that has ever stayed with us xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Frankie I hope you have a fabulous time in the UK xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
So that's what caused all the riots in London, Last night - they found out that Frankie was here and couldn't get tickets to see her! :Blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Well I have a couple of old Tree`s for her to cut down and cut up into logs, Bedroom for her to paint,,, Garage could do with a tidy up... One of the toilets is blocked, Think it`s from using the "Daily Mail" as bog paper.. (Memo to self,, Must ask "Swift" how he managed with bog roll ::bigsmile:)

Thats for starters.... dont want her getting bored.. :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Wow funsters

What a time we have had

We went to central London and despite the timing frankie didnt get to see the whole changing of the guard ceremony - there were so many tourists and the police operations have significantly changed since I last attended this.

She enjoyed watching the military band and had a small view but not what I had hoped for her.

From there we went to Buckingham Palace. WOW. The grand staircase was much less work than I thought it would be, you would hardly know you were walking upstairs. The elegance and splendour you would have to see for yourselves, however I felt it was good value for money as london attractions go today.

We saw Princess Catherine's dress & shoes and her bouquet (which was quite surprising at it was laid on a grave in Westminster Abbey) and there was a video showing how the dress was made and the shoes tailored which was very interesting.

The palace was so enthralling it took nearly a quarter of the day in itself and we indulged (thanks to frankies generosity) in a sandwich and coffee overlooking the palace gardens in their dedicated cafe. I nearly fell through the floor when I saw the prices.

From there we walked through the park, passed downing street, visited the guards museum shop (who ripped frankie off) and then on to Horseguards Parade

Horseguards was sadly being done up for the olympics volleyball so not as magnificant as it usually is, however, she got to see face to face Her Majesty's Lifeguards in their full shining regalia both on foot and on horseback.

From there we walked to the Houses of Parliament and for the first time ever my luck changed and we ended up with two complimentary tour tickets. She really enjoyed it and learnt some history too.

By this time my hip was in agony and my torn ligament throbbing but we trailed onward to mcdonalds in victoria street with a short detour to New Scotland Yard.

I wanted to show her the book of rememberance, because its specially lit and they turn the page everyday but with the new security measures it wasnt possible.

From there we walked to Victoria Station where we bought her ticket to Cheynes and caught a bus back to the London Eye

She didnt want to chance the height as it was a little windy so we caught the clipper ferry boat (luck number 2 - a free ticket for both of us). We travelled down to the tower of london, sneaked a quick coffee in my favourite hotel and caught a bus back to the tower of london just in time for 9.30pm.

My goodness how time flies

Well Frankie had pole position for the ceremony of the keys which is the closing ceremony of the Tower of London - the last time I went they only allowed 10 members of the public at a time and there were far far more than this on that evening. I was quite surprised.

For me it was very emotional, I always cry at the last post, as I remember many friends killed in the falklands, the regents park bombing and the iranian embassy seige and of course my dad.

Frankie really seemed to enjoy it.

We caught a ferry back to embankment and managed to catch the last 2 trains home.

By this time it was about 1am and we were both exhausted.

I really hope she enjoyed her time with us. Its been a real pleasure having her with us.

On her way back she did hint, not London tomorrow please, so I had a chilled day planned which totally went out the window with a tooth disaster.

After 2 hours of phone calls and internet searches I finally found a private dentist to sort out frankies tooth problem.

Its now nearly midnight and she is playing on the Wii with Robert - I am so pleased he asked her to join in and they are laughing as we type.

I am quite sad she is leaving tomorrow (Sunday), I will miss the laughing and the fun.

To anyone hosting her,

She is very easy to feed, she may have a small glass of red wine if offered, she occasionally enjoys cider but does not drink Champagne.

In the morning she likes her coffee white with one sugar but for the rest of the day it is black with one sugar, but her favourite drink is water, so be prepared have loads chilled for her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

She is a fantastic funster and the easiest guest to please that has ever stayed with us xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Frankie I hope you have a fabulous time in the UK xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you ever so much for the fab time i had! Everything was great and i owe you Gail a big big UP as being my guide has been really tirering for you (and for hip and ligament) !!!!
You have such a kind family it has been a real plesure to meet!
I will remember every single little thing......... big ones as well ( will you please tell that guard.... you know which one don't you:Winka I 'LL BE BACK :winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

Come on Frankie .....behave!!!

Anyway it is something to belong to the funsters family...... can you imagine .... they take me as one of them:Blush::Blush::Cool::Cool: i love you funsters::bigsmile:::bigsmile::thumb:

Affectueusement

Frankie::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Well the house is very quiet now.

Frankie is on her way to Stratford-upon-Avon

We could smell the burning in the air from the Tottenham Riots on the way to the train station this morning but she is safe and not in any danger xxxxxx

I am missing her company already xxxxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
It sounds like as expected you all had a great time and really enjoyed yourselves

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back