Very excited!!!! (1 Viewer)

Dereckerick

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Merseyside
Funster No
Exp
Ive just ordered 2x100watt solar panels, already got 3x110 elecsols so this should keep me giung for a few days when we are out and about.

We've also just had the original carpet removed and the toughest lino we could find laid down, what a difference this has made, the carpet fitters weren't happy at first but they did a sterling job, even fitted metal plates around the step to stop it lifting.
20ixhcg.jpg

Yes I know the step needs painting....

Rhino installs are fitting the panels after doing some great work last year.

Also having

External 240v
External 12V
BBQ point
NASA battery monitor

The van will then have all of the bits that i have been dreaming of. We are planning a 6 week trip next summer so i thought i'd best get all of the bits done whilst I have the cash.

Hopefullly doing France-Germany-Switzland-Italy-France-Home.

Nick:thumb:

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
They could have mitred the cnrs for you Nick - I went over our cushion floor with vinyl plank flooring :thumb:
terry

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sounds as if you are all ready to hit the road, its good when a plan comes together.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dereckerick

Dereckerick

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Merseyside
Funster No
Exp
They could have mitred the cnrs for you Nick - I went over our cushion floor with vinyl plank flooring :thumb:
terry

TBH the fitters had never done a motorhome and they only did these bits because I asked so I wasn't gong to complain too much. They did only charge £50 based upon the sqft but took two of them a good 3-4 hrs, they weren't expecting it to take that long so I am a happy customer, not too mention the old carpet almost walked off on its own!:Eeek:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Ive just ordered 2x100watt solar panels, already got 3x110 elecsols so this should keep me giung for a few days when we are out and about.
Nick:thumb:

:thumb:You should be able to do whole 6 weeks without EHU ::bigsmile:
We only have 2x110 Elecsols 2x80w panels and we never really need EHU

Mike

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
no shortage of power in the summer, winter may still be a problem but time will tell.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Dereckerick

Dereckerick

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Merseyside
Funster No
Exp
no shortage of power in the summer, winter may still be a problem but time will tell.

Im all 12 volt so hopefully i can last 3 days in the winter, tv, lights and water pump. Usually weekend bike races without EHU, other times we will have access to EHU accept when on longer tips when the motor will do its charging.

We used to be able to do a full weekend on 2x110 elecsols when they were brand new, I added the 3rd to assist with the 2kw inverter and microwave for the baby, damn thing (microwave not baby)

Fingers crossed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back