Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
any auto electricians out there for advice on front parking sensor problem (had to extend wire seams to be to long a run?)

OP
OP
D

dennismartin

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
with a short lead they are ok when you extend them they show up .3 away from a object

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
are these just for the front end or are they 'tagged' into the rear ones ?

seems strange why the wires arent long enough if just used for the front end.

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
Never extend the wiring for the actual sensors. They work by measuring time for the pulse to go from control box to sensor to object and back. If you alter th length of wire from control box to sensor you muck up all the timing.

D.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
that explains it :thumb:

probably volt drop over such a long run.....thicker cable may help.
as with anything electrical, the longer the run the thicker the cable for the same results.

may be worth buying a second set to use independantly at the front and refit the ones you are trying to use at high level rear.

reversing onto a wooded pitch can cause some high level damage from low branchs etc

Ooops...just read Daves post above

OP
OP
D

dennismartin

Free Member
Jul 26, 2011
hull
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
im a newbie
they did work at first it was when we extended the screen that it stopped working

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I am a tad dumfounded by the use of these things:Sad:, spacial awareness, the use of eyes coupled with a link to the memory and logic functions of your brain are much cheaper and far better than any "sensor".
When reversing, you should hop out to check your position..perhaps even a couple of times, this saves you hitting anything, and also registers in your memory and feeds the "spacial awareness" side of things, then next time you do it, it will be easier...and so on.

I am an HGV driver, and over the years, i have driven some huge vehicles with enormous trailers, especially when using low loaders to get cranes into the channel tunnel rail link. Most of the drivers i work with, get out...to check their distances etc...better that than report an accident (the saying is, dont be a ****, take a shunt)....i,ll get out as many times as i need to avoid hitting something, and every time i do, i know that the "information is being processed" for the next time.:thumb:
Dont give up on your senses just yet, we all lose them much too soon.:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back