What weather we are having in france (1 Viewer)

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Well, three weeks left and the weather has turned today. The wind is howling and the rain is lashing down in Brittany. Had fab weather in Honfleur for a few days and it was great to see Haganap and family.

Apart from the very south the weather seem awful all over France at the mo.:ROFLMAO: This is not bothering us tho apart from two smelly Basset Hounds. We may have to chase that sun.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hiya Chaps...............so glad you are enjoying your holl but shame about the weather..........still time for it to swing back to better conditions tho':Cool:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Boys, its been nice in Wales :Cool: but rained a bit last night and clearing up now.

ps had five Bassets on site recently in a folding camper !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Gorgeous evening here in Tewksebury but rained most of the night and still going for it, should clear up by this afternoon though, here's hoping:RollEyes:

We noticed a big weather change when we got to Brittany, rained and dull most of the time, just like good old blighty weather.
we loved it down south but too warm at the mo for us but going back in October.
Don't get too much of a doggy smell at present as Susie hates the rain and refuses to go out and will hold her wee for ages.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Weather has been bizarre this year in Dordogne. 1 days rain in the whole of March & April. You could have sunbathed outside & got a tan.
Ok during May--changed May 28th (day my friends left) and rained most days through June & July. At the moment it's baking outside but could change by tonight.
2 nights ago we had a storm that seemed to border on a hurricane.

We really are seeing climate change.

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I'm going tomorrow, disneyland full day Sat and then to the South, from what I see Saturday will be a washout with thunderstorms and heavy rain Sat night, I am watching the forecast as I don't like disneyworld at the best of times and if it is peeing with rain I will not want to be there :RollEyes: I could always do it on the way back, but that means last minute plan changes.

The South of France St Tropez is going to have very heavy winds Monday onwards, just in time for me to struggle to put up my heavy duty awning :RollEyes: so not looking forward to that and sand all over the place!

All in all I wish I had just stayed at home, I think as you get older you can't be arsed any more, I'm only doing it for the family. Its taken me a week to pack and I am still at it!

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Nice to hear from you Lee and glyn and really glad you are having a good time. The weather will improve sometime.

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Peeing with rain here today, just as well I got all my external stuff loaded and double checked, top box, bikes, fluids e.t.c., I have completed the supplies in the heads, the galley, bedding, and the cockpit, set up GPS and checked travel docs, just cleaning and polishing everything ready to load the clothes :thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Lee

Just back tonight and the time we spent in La Rochelle the weather was excellent and also a great aire. We didnt see rain for 10 days there.

Gerry

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Kids and their kids are off to the Limousin/Creuse tomorrow. Where they are going was 'white over' last weekend - with hail !!!

We're off Sunday night, plan was we would probably call in on them on our way southbound. We were going to have a few days on the north coast first as usual, but Pete has been plotting routes directly from Adinkerke to Saint-Pierre-le-Bost so my guess :)Rofl1:) is we're now going more or less straight for them - and see what happens after that!

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
Well, three weeks left and the weather has turned today. The wind is howling and the rain is lashing down in Brittany. Had fab weather in Honfleur for a few days and it was great to see Haganap and family.

Apart from the very south the weather seem awful all over France at the mo.:ROFLMAO: This is not bothering us tho apart from two smelly Basset Hounds. We may have to chase that sun.
:Cool:Hola guys
We up at Carcossone early Sept so hope France gets better. Just finished painting the house cos its 12md and its 32 and climbing. we are 25 miles inland from Alicante and we have 34s in the forecast for the rest of the week. PHew
enjoy the rest of your jollies:thumb:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
My sister is currently in The Vendee somewhere around St Croix de Ville..not heard from her so the weather must have been OK..On this sainted isle of Tenerife we have currently had +30s celsius for around 4 weeks...NICE!!!:thumb:

OP
OP
welshbois
May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Sat august 6th

Well just outside Saint Nazaire at the moment. Well it is so bad we may need a boat lol. been checking all forcasts and it seems that rain rain rain is for France at the mo. Two and a half weeks left so hope the weather will improve - where do we go the weather in the south is dire as well Grrrrr!!! well it is not bothering us really just cant have a cook out.::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We just keep heading South when its like that. The weather almost always improves as we cross the Pyrenees. We roll off the mountains to the sounds of ELO and 'Mr Blue Sky' at full volume:thumb:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , sorry to hear you're having not nice weather nearly said crap weather , but I can only say I personally, hope it all clears up before sept 4th as we will be over there then ,in the mean time enjoy as best you can

Nov 30, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt autoroller 700
Exp
on and off 20 years
Weather

Hi we have been in France since beginning of the week currently working our way south in the Pyrenees at the moment and the weather has been glorious though as I write this it's blowing a gale but still full sun.

OP
OP
welshbois
May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
Well we have just arrived at Notre Dame de Monts and have wifi on the aire here. The sun has come out but the rain we had about two hours ago could have given Swansea a run for its money lol. The weather seems to be improving from Tuesday so hopefully we'll get a bit of clear skies. We are head off to the La Rochelle Ile de re area so fingers crossed. ::bigsmile:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Glyn and Lee

Glad your having some sunshine, just thought id let you know we stayed at the La Rochelle aire 2 its 10euro a day but for that you get free transport on the yelo bus and also one of the boat trips across the bay. There is also an aire outside La Rochelle at a town called Aytre we didnt stay on it but stayed on the campsite round the corner. I think it was free and only 50yards from beach and has a toilet block.
If your heading towards the Royan area we used the municipal site there and it was a lovely wee site.

Have a good holiday
Gerry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back