Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
I'm hoping someone on here will know whether we should be concerned about this - I know it's going to raise a smile too but it is a genuine question and I'm not sure where else to ask it.
We have two neutered male dogs. The oldest (Hamish) is a labradoodle. He is almost 6 and we had him neutered at 4 because he got attacked by a staffie and the vet advised that it was because of the testosterone inviting aggression. He was never a nuisance before or after his operation with humping or randiness.
The second dog is Boo an 18 month old mini poodle. He was 'done' at 6 months.
Boo often humps the big dog's leg. I know this is normal, probably trying to assert his dominance but last night he got the most enormous erection. :Blush: I mean huge as in almost touching the ground. We were very shocked. He looked miserable and could barely walk for about 5 minutes.
Is this normal in a neutered dog and is it normal for 'it' to be about the length of his leg?
I know this sounds like a joke and should be in the belly locker but it's honestly not.
Any experienced dog owners know whether we should be concerned? Also, we had house sitters looking after them when we were on holiday and they mentioned a couple of similar incidents.
BTW I tried a google search and regretted it - jings the stuff that emerges when you try that! :Blush::Blush:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi Mag!

I had a mini poodle , not neutered, who had always the same kind of way to show his big love :Blush: ...:roflmto: The first time i was really anxious about the length:Eeek::Eeek: i thought exactly the same ??? where has he been hiding that 5th leg up to now?????? touching the groung just the same ( BTW , it makes men feel ....hmmmmm small :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:) Well got used to it .... he did use his ...errr tool.... properly and gave a little "unknown" (we say bastard in french but it might have a more rude meaning in english) female 5 gorgeous little ones .... so don't worry , i am sure he will manage allright !

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Frankie thank you, your post made me smile. I think the relative size of the thing to the dog was the most shocking. if it had been the big labradoodle we might not have been so worried!
Mags
x

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
It isn't a sexual thing per se, he is just asserting his position as the pack leader, or top dog.

Poodles are very strong characters indeed, and are the prime breed to dominate...they love to be in control!

To test this theory, walk up top him and push him over and hold him there. One hand on his shoulder, another to push his rear over. Not hard, but firmly - enough to cope with him struggling, but don't put your weight on him as you may hurt him.

He will fight you - even when pushing over...because it is his house, his domain, you are his. When you do pin, he may growl and try to bite - don't flinch - just hold him. Eventually he will relax and submit. You can slowly release the hold - but DO NOT allow him to get up until you say so. You can tell when he relaxes, his eyes will relax, his body will relax and he won't look at you.

You are now top dog/pack leader.....he may need a few corrections, but no more than a couple - he will stop 'humping' as only the top dog is permitted to mate. Take him for a long walk before you do this to release any excess energy he may have.:thumb:

Dafodil

Free Member
May 6, 2011
surrey
Funster No
MH
Golden oldie
Exp
A whole year!
Yeah dominance...taken a little too far :whatthe:....When dogs mate the penis is really long and has a ball like thing in the middle that locks him to the bitch..they can stay this was for quite some time & should never be parted!! :Eeek:

Think he must have got a little too carried away in his fight for supremacy ::bigsmile:

Pusser

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
A week away
Exp
On and off 1981
Could you let me know what food you feed Boo. I think I may try some.

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Well I woke up this morning with a very similar issue and I have had it done, so I guess it is normal :thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Went to a fair in Spain once. They had a small roundabout for the little kids consisting of real ponies (they wouldn't allow this now anywhere, but this was approx 25 years ago) and one of them was 'excited' - it did drag on the floor. I was transfixed and stood there with me gob open, they had to drag me away.

I freely admit I'm a townie born and bred and I had absolutely no idea ..... :Blush:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I remember my youngest son seeing a horse in a simular state when he was a nipper, and he said
Dad whats that.:whatthe:

I said ask yer Mum:Blush:

He said, I did and she said it was nothing:Smile:

I said thats because yer Mums been spoilt:Cool:
Geo

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Yeah dominance...taken a little too far :whatthe:....When dogs mate the penis is really long and has a ball like thing in the middle that locks him to the bitch..they can stay this was for quite some time & should never be parted!! :Eeek:

Think he must have got a little too carried away in his fight for supremacy ::bigsmile:

always knew that as 'knob tied' :winky:

OP
OP
Mags52

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
So I tried the idea about making him lay down. did he fight me or complain? No he just lay there looking at me with that 'WTF?' look then lay still. But the issue isn't him trying to dominate me it's the big labradoodle who is so laid back that he couldn't care less as long as he gets food. Anyway now I've got over the shock of his disproportionally large member I can cope. :Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back