Views on www.supercamper.co.uk (1 Viewer)

mmagenta69

Free Member
Aug 2, 2011
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
United Kingdom
Hi

I am looking to buy a Hiace Camper van and considering a japanese import.

Link Removed offers this service and is based locally to me

Has anyone used or had dealings with Link Removed and could give any views on their service/trustworthyness etc.

Or any views on importing a Hiace from Japan. Worth it?

Thanks

Pusser

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
A week away
Exp
On and off 1981
Hi

I am looking to buy a Hiace Camper van and considering a japanese import.

Link Removed offers this service and is based locally to me

Has anyone used or had dealings with Link Removed and could give any views on their service/trustworthyness etc.

Or any views on importing a Hiace from Japan. Worth it?
Thanks
I have delved deeply into this and just bought a Toyota Granvia which comes over as a 7 seater and then a brand new conversion is stuck in and hi top\pop top added. I am hoping to get rid of our car and just use this a a vehicle for all purposes. I have even ordered another one but one that will be kitted out to my desires. I doubt whether I will ever spend another penny of a UK based car as the quality of these 10 - 16 year old vehicles is second to none. The average mileage for Mr. Nippon is 4k a year. No road salt so no corrosion. And Mr. Nippon is very particular in looking after his transport which is right hand drive and mot'd at a far more demanding government requirement than ours.

The Gravia is particularly sort by New Zealanders at the diesel can easily pull caravans behind it up mountains without losing any puff. Mine cruises at 80, is auto with dual air conditioning which works within 10 secs of turning engine on. My next one will be a v6 with 4wd and less than 60k on the clock and no more than 12 years old. Hi ace share body parts with the Granvia but I believe the Granny is wider. All capt chairs electric windows, curtains, chairs etc.

OP
OP
M

mmagenta69

Free Member
Aug 2, 2011
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
United Kingdom
Thanks

Thanks Pusser. Yes it seems that the nick the imports are in is v good compared to here. The Japanese do look after things well and keep them serviced. Seems a good thing. Will look into some more.

If anyone can recommend a good importer that would be cool.
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pusser

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
A week away
Exp
On and off 1981
Thanks Pusser. Yes it seems that the nick the imports are in is v good compared to here. The Japanese do look after things well and keep them serviced. Seems a good thing. Will look into some more.

If anyone can recommend a good importer that would be cool.
Thanks

Link Removed I use but
he probably gets his stock via Wellhouse Leisure. Absolutely honest man. Algys I have heard stick a loads on the price after you get it bringing their prices up to the same as all other imports .... hearsay of course.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I was importng these the first time around....I will give you a word of warning.

DON'T forget these are low mileage, low speed vehicles. Many have not seen anything over 50kph....in fact they are banned from going over 50. So when you get them, treat them like babies for the first 5k....drive like old ladies and don't throw a big trailer on the back.

So many imports had cracked heads, failed head gaskets etc - mainly down to the engines not being used to working hard.

(Nissan's didn't seem to have an issue)

OP
OP
M

mmagenta69

Free Member
Aug 2, 2011
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
United Kingdom
thanks

thanks guys. Thats all really helpful info

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi mmagenta69 try looking on EBAY a few turn up on there at very cheap prices --Don't know why they are so cheap because they look good value :thumb: Perhaps it is because there aren't many around ::bigsmile:I ran a Toyota surf for a couple of trouble free yrs and still see it now and again and the guy who now has it says he has only put fuel and tyres on/in it (I sold it about 8 yrs ago ):winky:
terry

Pusser

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
A week away
Exp
On and off 1981
I should have added that the campervans\vans come with a complete 6 month warrenty, valeted and wax oiled undersealed, serviced and always timing belt changed or is it cam belt. Anyway, one of the belts is always changed. Mine had new tyres too and a brand new Sony radio with USB device as option. And a high top roof fitted but I am thinking as I want to use the van more as an everyday vehicle as it is much more comfortable than my present X3, not to have any roof added and stick to the original two moonroofs. Or moon something. There are two specs I understand Q the top and G the other option which is trim based I think. I love them and I wish I had come across them years ago which would have saved me 1000's on buying and selling, ridiculous prices of habitation checks which in one case was only charged for and not done, and trips back and forth for this and then that to be sorted. Most probs of course being on a brand new one. Never buy new. Buy year old and let some other sucker do the running around to get the bits done.

Say La V.... I need a valium. :Sad:

OP
OP
M

mmagenta69

Free Member
Aug 2, 2011
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
United Kingdom
Thanks

This is all great info. Think I nee to save up a little more. Poplar looks good.
Just want to be out on the road now ;-)

Thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back