From One AutoTrail to another - Hopefully (1 Viewer)

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
We currently have an Autotrail Scout SE on a 53 Plate, it has been a great MH for us and helped enormously to get on the MH ladder, but ultimately we have always wanted the Chieftan. Plenty of room (and lounging space)with two decent sized dogs, the Fixed bed which I miss enormously and Jeff has always hankered for the Garage. We have been back to where we got our MH from and told them we are ready for the upgrade. So we sit and wait patiently for a Chieftan to become available so we can then PX. Have checked what they will give us for ours and I am happy with the amount as it saves us having to sell privately. But we went to see the dealer yesterday and it appears it could be a long job, as they are not actively searching for one, they are just waiting for one to come in. This is probably due to the fact they deal mostly in Caravans rather than MH's. I hear your question, why go to these dealers, well we were more than happy with them when we bought our scout and they gave us an excellent after service and no quibbles with the little problems we had with MH initially. Or can you lovely lot tell me different, and that you know where we could go do a deal elsewhere?
thank you in advance

Andrea & Jeff

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Heres one
Link Removed
not sure if its what your after in all aspects.

Oct 5, 2009
anglesey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
since 1999
hi @ j

bought our autotrail cherokee new from spinney at holmes chapel gave us a good deal on our old van did everything they promised and delivered van a month early
only one problem so far [ 6 months] when radio failed which they replaced no problem while i waited

good luck with your new van

DAVE @ CAROL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
hi Andrea, if you want anything checked over at Spinneys, then just let me know, Im only 20 mins away at most..... often visit there, they are pricey but always willing to negotiate. Bought a caravan off hayley there years ago, shes still there and they are very fair.

what you doing with the onboard genny :winky:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
your such a decent bloke peter of john cross. and doing a funster 10% discount as well, what a saving.:thumb:

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Brownhills have at least 4 for sale at the moment.

thanks for that, but really would not do any deals with Brownhills, I've heard far too many unhappy people bought from them. I realise just as many decent ones, but it has still put us off. thank you thou

andrea x

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
Be careful if the fixed bed over the garage is high as I found it very awkward getting in and out.

Climbing over someone through the night when there is not much headroom and the step you are trying to get your foot on is in the corner and not very big!!

I understand that some Motorhome have beds which are lower, I was not too bad at first but after becoming ill it was impossible.

Good luck hope you enjoy.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Andrea & Jeff (dribble drabble do or summat like that):roflmto:

Have you tried Don Amott - Leisure Kingdom off the A50 near Derby, they are Autotrail dealers? We were in there the other day and they had two new discounted models in the showroom, and a few used ones (not sure of models). Had our Bolly MOT'd there and they seem reasonable but have never bought from them. See you at Salfleet all being well.

Lynda, Ken & Jess the terrierist

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Andrea & Jeff (dribble drabble do or summat like that):roflmto:

Have you tried Don Amott - Leisure Kingdom off the A50 near Derby, they are Autotrail dealers? We were in there the other day and they had two new discounted models in the showroom, and a few used ones (not sure of models). Had our Bolly MOT'd there and they seem reasonable but have never bought from them. See you at Salfleet all being well.

Lynda, Ken & Jess the terrierist

looking forward to it, and have been saving up the cork's!

OP
OP
the stig

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
hi Andrea, if you want anything checked over at Spinneys, then just let me know, Im only 20 mins away at most..... often visit there, they are pricey but always willing to negotiate. Bought a caravan off hayley there years ago, shes still there and they are very fair.

what you doing with the onboard genny :winky:

Hi Paul
Really depends on what deal we come to over the MH, if it's just what we want then the Gennie will stay on, but as you know it is very quiet and reliable so may take it off and put on the newer one.

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
gennie

think you would be mad to leave it on van you will regret not putting it on your new one if you do :Smile:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Have you tried Richard Baldwin Motorhomes in Halifax..we bought a couple of vans from them..Never had any probs with their service..try this http://www.rbm.co.uk Hope this helps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back