Free Member
Aug 1, 2011
london
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi there guys. A friend and I are hitting the roads of europe in a Hymer motorhome. This will be our first motorhome experience as neither of us have driven one, let alone lived in one. We wanted to get some information about how to go about it, especially in regards to sleeping in certain places at night. I read that there are several options for free parking, one being in beach car parks... Do you know whether we will have to stay in camp sites for the majority of the trip? If so, is there a website that gives information on campsites in europe? We are starting off in italy and then across to croatia, montenegro, romania, ukraine, latvia, estonia, lithuania, sweden, denmark and germany.

As I said this is our first motorhome experience and so any tips on safety, petrol cards, convenience etc would be great (especially if anyone has travelled these particular countries in a motorhome).

Cheers, Freddie and Paddy.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Don't forget the aires/stellplatz etc. More 'official' than wild camping but often better facilities and often free.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Motorhome Fun, before you take off on your trip I would suggest you have a weeks camping in the UK , try out the Hymer while you can sort out any problems and learn how to use it as well as find out what you need in the way of general things. Have you checked out camping cheque and ASCI both of which will save you a good deal of money out of the main holiday season. Find out what downloads there are for your Sat Nav there is a lot out there with a bit of research. Most of all enjoy your travels.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I would not wild camp in Croatia..
It is a beautiful place to visit and indeed stay in, but wild camping is REALLY frowned upon there.
We had several warnings last year.. Camp sites are plentiful but sadly quite high priced :Sad:

carioca656

Free Member
Aug 20, 2011
oxford
Funster No
MH
carioca 656
Exp
hi faves,

we took a year out a while back and spent best part of 3 months going through italy and i have to say it was a pleasure!

very nice people and brilliant places to park. "aree Di Sosta" think there is a book that we used from the ACSI people

but most towns have a carpark that we used and only had to pop into campsites every 2 weeks or so

try scicilly as well they let you camp all over the place every beach car park we stopped at was fine

enjoy

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
You may need to give some consideration to your gas supply as different countries have different types of gas bottles and their connections are not the same.
Wyn

patyogi

Free Member
Feb 8, 2012
Deal, Kent
Funster No
MH
self convert, left hooker
Exp
too long
I would not wild camp in Croatia..
It is a beautiful place to visit and indeed stay in, but wild camping is REALLY frowned upon there.
We had several warnings last year.. Camp sites are plentiful but sadly quite high priced :Sad:

Hi John, really funny to see you on another forum, hope you had a good trip, we are still on ours, back in March when the biking weather starts.
Missing the ole Bird like crazy, can't wait to saddle up and do the twisty dry roads.:thumb:

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
hi faves,

we took a year out a while back and spent best part of 3 months going through italy and i have to say it was a pleasure!

very nice people and brilliant places to park. "aree Di Sosta" think there is a book that we used from the ACSI people

but most towns have a carpark that we used and only had to pop into campsites every 2 weeks or so

try scicilly as well they let you camp all over the place every beach car park we stopped at was fine

enjoy
How much to get across to Sicily with a 6 mtr MH?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Wonder if they ever got back seeing it was five years ago, and not another word:(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back