Fiamma safari/privacy room query (1 Viewer)

kinsleyboy

Free Member
Dec 11, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
Oct 09
SWMBO & I are thinking about getting a Fiamma Safari/Privacy Room to connect onto our Fiamma windout awning.
Funsters thoughts/experiences would be welcome as well as suggestions of who to buy one from.:Smile:

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I went through that route, after seeing people experiencing the clips coming off that hold the sides to the awning in wind, we went for a full driveway awning.

Our driveway awning is substantial, I would fear for the safety of my roll out awning in high winds, never mind the sides!

OP
OP
kinsleyboy

kinsleyboy

Free Member
Dec 11, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
Oct 09
I went through that route, after seeing people experiencing the clips coming off that hold the sides to the awning in wind, we went for a full driveway awning.

Our driveway awning is substantial, I would fear for the safety of my roll out awning in high winds, never mind the sides!
Thanks for your comments. Can I ask what your "substantial" awning is ?:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Ours came with the Motorhome when we bought it.:thumb:
We have used it several times. They are easy to put up. Hardest thing being zipping the sides right up to the motorhome. We are both tall so we manage without a step , you may need one if your on the small side.
We use our sides mostly in the winter as extra storage for wet boots and coats , somewhere to keep the dogs till they are cleaned off and dry and cooking with the cadac BBQ.
We have a strap with springs at the end which Ralph threads through it.
Then if its a bit gusty we know its going to stay put.
You can buy them from all over the place. Any Motorhome / caravan place. I bet if you Google Fiamma wind out awning / privacy rooms you'll be spoilt for choice.

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
DO NOT COOK IN IT WITH A CADAC BBQ, YOU WILL DIE :Eeek:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Haven't yet and have been doing it for 2 years.
We dont have the door shut , and its not got an awning skirt fixed to the motorhome or totally draft proof at the bottom grass edge. So i think we are safe enough. But thanks for your concern.

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
With the privacy awning it is not the sides that seem to have the problem, it is the clips that connect it to the vehicle awning across the top, these things fly off in the wind. There was a storm where we go in the South of France one night, we are right on the beach, and a load of the vans with privacy awnings had them ripped apart :Eeek:

I guess for occasional use on non windy days they are OK, it means less to pack as well, but if you want something substantial for use in the Arctic, then see my link initial link :winky:

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Haven't yet and have been doing it for 2 years.
We dont have the door shut , and its not got an awning skirt fixed to the motorhome or totally draft proof at the bottom grass edge. So i think we are safe enough. But thanks for your concern.

Lucky You, how do you know where the invisible poison gas goes, I hope we don't see you in the newspaper as well :Eeek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...seriously-ill-use-gas-barbecue-warm-tent.html

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Lucky You, how do you know where the invisible poison gas goes, I hope we don't see you in the newspaper as well :Eeek:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...seriously-ill-use-gas-barbecue-warm-tent.html

How awful for them.
We have a portable carbon monoxide alarm that goes everywhere with us . Next time we use the cadac , i shall be putting it in the zipstore that's for sure just in case.:thumb:
I thought the gas dropped to floor level but i may be wrong. :Blush:

But as i said the fiammas doors fastened open and there is no skirt on the motorhome , so there's a 2foot by 9 foot gap there and its not sealed up as in a tent.

Ours is the zip store version so it doesn't have the clips that fall off BTW .

Your drive away looks like a great piece of kit though. If we hadn't got our fiamma zipstore im sure Ralph would be having one of those. Hope he doesnt read this thread.
We have enough tents in our attic to rival Mitchells .

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Attn Kinsleyboy, just found a brand new Globus III awning from a motorhome dealer on ebay for £999, RRP £1,334 !

Link Removed

Hope it helps, see PM re full manual

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I quite frankly don't care, you should NEVER use gas BBQ's in any confined space, especially in or right next to an awning! This is basic child like knowledge, and to give excuses for doing that or making people believe it is acceptable on an open forum is downright dangerous and outrageous!

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I quite frankly don't care, you should NEVER use gas BBQ's in any confined space, especially in or right next to an awning! This is basic child like knowledge, and to give excuses for doing that or making people believe it is acceptable on an open forum is downright dangerous and outrageous!

I can't see a problem using any gas burner in an awning provided it's not near to any flammable material.
Everybody uses a gas burner in their motorhome/caravan so what's the difference?

Pete:Cool:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
WTF !!!:Angry:

I am getting more than a bit jarred off with the constant stream of nasty, insulting snide comments from Swift.
Please take em elsewhere mate.. Charm school perhaps ?
Or will you post another meaningless apology ?
Sorry but I really am incensed

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Just to get back to the original thread (perish the thought) I had a Fiamma privacy room when I had a van conversion which was short on living space. My eldest son slept in it most of the time (well at night anyway). It was the type with clips, but as long as they are tight (they loosen with age and need to be replaced) they are fine in quite strong winds as the sides prevent the wind getting under the awning roof, which is what usually does the damage. A bit of a pain to put up and down, much better not to have an awning at all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back