Vehicle inspection for a motorhome. (1 Viewer)

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hello everyone
More advice needed!
Used motorhomes here in France all seem to come with high kms. Last one offered 155,000 kms and €14000.
I can get a much better bargain in the UK. Does anyone know how I could get a m/home inspected? I looked at the AA site but when I put in the reg of the one I'm interested in, it says they are unable to inspect that vehicle.
RAC asks me for a membership no.

Lady selling one I'm interested in says her local garage would tell me all about the van as they did MOT, service etc.... but I think I should get unbiased opinion.Anyone any knowledge of vehicle inspections?

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
where you looking Holly? if you want a UK one then I and other funsters will source one for you. If you want to buy private then I and others will surely have a look/ visual inspection for you. Then I would get a local caravan/motorhome inspector to have a look like Mark (ClS) or Ash to give it a hab check to see what your getting and make sure it aint damp.

However I susspect that buying in France is a better option. I saw a few when I was out there.

However if anyone in your village is selling a decent Velo solex, then please let me know ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
where you looking Holly? if you want a UK one then I and other funsters will source one for you. If you want to buy private then I and others will surely have a look/ visual inspection for you. Then I would get a local caravan/motorhome inspector to have a look like Mark (ClS) or Ash to give it a hab check to see what your getting and make sure it aint damp.

However I susspect that buying in France is a better option. I saw a few when I was out there.

However if anyone in your village is selling a decent Velo solex, then please let me know ::bigsmile:

Hello everyone
More advice needed!
Used motorhomes here in France all seem to come with high kms. Last one offered 155,000 kms and €14000.
I can get a much better bargain in the UK. Does anyone know how I could get a m/home inspected? I looked at the AA site but when I put in the reg of the one I'm interested in, it says they are unable to inspect that vehicle.
RAC asks me for a membership no.

Lady selling one I'm interested in says her local garage would tell me all about the van as they did MOT, service etc.... but I think I should get unbiased opinion.Anyone any knowledge of vehicle inspections?

Hi I am new to the forum but thought I would offer some advice as have been through the french registration process with our Hobby. I do not think I would do it again. Lots of paperwork ( has to be in french ) and around 1000 euro in total cost. I think if you buy a relatively new van then it is simpler but you do need both certificates of conformity for the base vehicle and the constructor of the bodywork. Anyway if you want help then do contact

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi I am new to the forum but thought I would offer some advice as have been through the french registration process with our Hobby. I do not think I would do it again. Lots of paperwork ( has to be in french ) and around 1000 euro in total cost. I think if you buy a relatively new van then it is simpler but you do need both certificates of conformity for the base vehicle and the constructor of the bodywork. Anyway if you want help then do contact

I agree with spitfire.......its not that easy..we have done it once on a French Citroen purchased in the uk...a lot depends on the region Perfector..that is why I purchased a French Motorhome.....toooooo big of a risk buying a UK motorhome...and yes the French doooooo use there motorhomes.... so lots of km's on the clock:Eeek:

Mel

Upvote 0

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Paul...I knew it, I knew it..... you are JJ's out of wedlock boy child:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Thanks everyone. Looks like it's back to looking in France :Sad: Why was it so easy with 2 of us and so bloody daunting on my own??? I am probably being impatient too!

Le velo solex: Link Removed

Your views and advice v much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back