LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
I bought the one reccomended by Paul (Onderweg).
Had a chance to fit it to the m/home today. Pre antenna two networks (My printer and Steph's pooter) After antenna another 8 networks all with good quality signal (all passworded though pfft) As we are in a small village I thought that was excellent.
So thanks Paul the unit seems to be great. :thumb:

This one:- Link Removed

Last edited:

Pusser

Free Member
Jun 18, 2011
Bucks
Funster No
MH
A week away
Exp
On and off 1981
Link didn't pick up much ::bigsmile:

I have a directional Hawkings which is very good. Got it about 3 years ago. Good for getting wifi in your hotel room when it wifi is in the lounge or reception area only. Also good for printing a "Good morning" message to those who have not protected their wifi and have a shared printer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
He He the link works BUT!!! no I don't speak Dutch :Eeek:

If you want it e mail them in English and they will respond and if you want to buy it they will send a PayPal request. :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
another 8 networks all with good quality signal (all passworded though pfft)

This is the factor that puts me off getting an antenna. In years gone by many networks tended to be set up by an individual attaching a hub to a wired network, often with no thought to security (even if the device offered it) but the trend towards the installation of wireless hubs, coupled with greater knowledge on the part of users, means that most are secured these days.

Does anyone know the practical, general, likelihood of obtaining access to a usable network when camped?

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
When in France Graham, we were often on sites with wi fi, problem was you had to take your pooter to the Office or some such to get reception. The antenna will allow me to sit in my van and connect. Also you don't have to be IN Mc Donalds to connect as the antenna will pick up from a nearby car park. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When in France Graham, we were often on sites with wi fi, problem was you had to take your pooter to the Office or some such to get reception. The antenna will allow me to sit in my van and connect. Also you don't have to be IN Mc Donalds to connect as the antenna will pick up from a nearby car park. :thumb:

Thanks Ken. Don't go to France or park up anywhere near a McDonalds ::bigsmile: I was thinking more of camp sites and meet venues in this country. I can imagine that BT Fon users might be able to gain access in some places but we don't have that.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back