Amazing Hawaiian photos (2 Viewers)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
An incredible photographer in Hawai whose pictures sell for upwards of $4,000 a time.

Waive Bay shore-break surfing pioneer, husband, and father of two, Clark Little has gained nationwide recognition for his photography on National Television.

It all started in 2007 when Clark 's wife wanted a nice piece of art to decorate a wall.

Voluntarily, Clark grabbed a camera, jumped in the water, and starting snapping away capturing the beauty and power of monstrous Hawaiian waves from the inside out.

Surf-04.jpg

Surf-01.jpg

Surf-02.jpg

Surf-03.jpg

Surf-05.jpg

Surf-06.jpg

Surf-07.jpg

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I would go with photoshop too, because of the very fast shutter speed that's been used and depth of field achieved.

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Photoshop or not, these are just the most fantastic pictures..

Image manipulation is as old as photography itself, nothing new.. it can improve or manipulate an image but it can't swim in the surf and capture pictures like these.. it is also an art form in it's own right..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
They are exciting photos, as Jim said they had to be taken first and be a good shot before it could be manipulated, and the pounding of those waves on you it cant be easy to take shots like that, enjoyed watching his videos too :thumb::thumb:

My cousin can vouch about the power of those waves as he was slammed/hammered into the sand from a great big wave also believe it was in Hawaii , he spent nearly a year in one of those head frames screwed into into his head ..ouch

Would love to visit a exhibition of his work :thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
they are very artistic and interesting, it does not matter whether he used a box brownie or all the technology in the world the end results are people want his work and pay lots for it.I understand this a lot more than a dirty unmade bed or a dead cow in liquid.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Post processing is just the norm these days......but looks like real shots to me
and I think free from ghastly HDR which when over used.. (and it mainly is ) makes me want to vomit.

impressive stuff

barry

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Very impressive. Very difficult to get the DoF as mentioned. However, as they will probably a camera mounted on something static, it could be a merge of 2 photos (one before the wave with focus on the horizon and one with focus on the near foreground), but if they are, they are very well done.

EDIT: After checking the website,it seems they may actually be handheld. The guy is a genius, and retracting the DoF, as the horizon is not in focus.....

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
press that shutter

Hey yeah not bad.. not bad at all…though…

Easy peazey lemon squeezy.. all you have to do is fasten camera to surf board, (don`t use blue tack it comes off in the wet).

A good camera is essential, personally I use my trusty Olympus Trip, with extending shutter release and pre chosen focus points.

A couple of times I did try an underwater camera but as you`re not actually under the water the expense is unnecessary
Head off out into that surf and ride those bad boys in, Ye Haa.:Cool:

Top Tip.. Always wipe lens just before taking photos to eliminate water marks and splashes on the lens.
Oh I`m also thinking of coating lens with Rainex next time, might save on wipes.

[FONT=&quot]This will also keep any flare down.:thumb:[/FONT]

Craig Rogers

Free Member
Nov 9, 2011
Midlands, UK (Welsh!)
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie!
Hey yeah not bad.. not bad at all…though…

Easy peazey lemon squeezy.. all you have to do is fasten camera to surf board, (don`t use blue tack it comes off in the wet).

A good camera is essential, personally I use my trusty Olympus Trip, with extending shutter release and pre chosen focus points.

A couple of times I did try an underwater camera but as you`re not actually under the water the expense is unnecessary
Head off out into that surf and ride those bad boys in, Ye Haa.:Cool:

Top Tip.. Always wipe lens just before taking photos to eliminate water marks and splashes on the lens.
Oh I`m also thinking of coating lens with Rainex next time, might save on wipes.

[FONT=&quot]This will also keep any flare down.:thumb:[/FONT]

This post is worthless without pictures......

Prove it's so easy! :roflmto::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back