Changing Headlamps for Continental driving (1 Viewer)

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
When I bought my Motorhome it came with a spare set of headlights for driving abroad, I used them last year and will be fitting them today for my trip next week to France for a month.

Does anyone else use them?

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i dont use them ,but then again i drive on the left when on the continent:ROFLMAO:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Swift
I have bought the stick on beam deflectors ,also I have just used tape as lots of others do. Pete :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
I must say I normally use tape, but as I got these 'free' with the van have found them dead easy to switch over, 2 mins a side. I have no idea what a set costs but they can"t be cheap :Eeek:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I can remember Jane using gaffer tape once and not only could I not see where I was going, :Doh: It left the glue on the glass and she had to use petrol to get it off. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Our last van we used the stick on things, :Smile: on this van we have a switch on the back of each headlight for driving in europe. :thumb: 2 minutes at the port job done. ::bigsmile: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 14, 2011
Charente Maritime
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 18
Exp
I'm a newbie, 15 years touring.
I've been waiting for the manufacturers to supply the euro headlights for my citroen C4 for almost 2 months now. I can't get my car registered until thats done.
So I'm still using deflectors, its just as well the French MoT doesn't start till the vehicle is 4 years old, or it'd fail.
Luckily my camper is french, so no probs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back