Uploading to the Classifieds (1 Viewer)

pelliott1954

Free Member
Sep 16, 2010
Funster No
Hi All, Can somebody help please, I have just spent about an hour composing my Ad and putting photo's on the system to advertise my Autotrail Cheyenne 635 SE in the Classifieds, I used all the spaces for pic's and clicked to submit, 30 seconds later a message appeared saying the pic's exceeded my PTP limit!!! whatever that is, then everything disappeared, the ad does not appear to be there in the listings and have had no further contact to advise how to proceed.
Please don't tell me I have been wasting my time!!! and that all that work has disappeared into the ether!!
Can anyone advise please who has successfully used the Classifieds.
Regards Paul

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Have you closed the browser ?

If not, try clicking the browser back button.. you may get lucky and find the page.. otherwise I guess it's gone..

Before uploading pics I believe you need to resize.. not sure what size though..it's a while since I placed an ad.

OP
OP
P

pelliott1954

Free Member
Sep 16, 2010
Funster No
Thanks for the reply Jimlad, not sure what I am doing wrong but I have gone through the whole process again and only put 7 pic's on out of the 9 allowed and they are only jpegs of approx 450 - 500kb so not large files at all and I got the same message that I have exceeded my PTP allowance.
the frustrating thing is that nothing else happens!!! there is no message telling me how to proceed to rectfy the problem and to rub salt in the wound everything disappears!!!
Are there any Moderators out there who know the system????

I think I will just post the For sale notice on a normal thread in frustration

Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thanks for the reply Jimlad, not sure what I am doing wrong but I have gone through the whole process again and only put 7 pic's on out of the 9 allowed and they are only jpegs of approx 450 - 500kb so not large files at all and I got the same message that I have exceeded my PTP allowance.
the frustrating thing is that nothing else happens!!! there is no message telling me how to proceed to rectfy the problem and to rub salt in the wound everything disappears!!!
Are there any Moderators out there who know the system????

I think I will just post the For sale notice on a normal thread in frustration

Paul

I've had a look for picture size info but can't find it.. then I looked at my previous ads and the pictures are quite small

So I think your jpgs are still too large .. try reducing to less than 30 kb .. or 150x150 pixels

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i'm sure the file size limit is 195kb per photo.

if its close the forum software should resize automatically....otherwise you need to resize manually :thumb:

OP
OP
P

pelliott1954

Free Member
Sep 16, 2010
Funster No
Thanks for replies so far, have now resized pic's and the Advert has been accepted, blood presuure on the way down again!!!

However I do think there must be a way of warning potential sellers on the actual page they are filling in what to do about sizing any pic's, also surely all the wording on the add shouldn't just disappear because you didn't get the photo sizing right, meaning you have to start all over again!!!

Anyway, Rant over, it's done now, so, if anyone wants to buy an Autotrail Cheyenne 635 SE look at the Classifieds and remember Glossop Caravans have the identical model, age and mileage up for sale at £40k, I reckon mine is a snip at £31,950!!!! so form an orderly queue.

Regards Paul

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I had the same experience, trying to load 2 pics in the ad.
Did the whole thing again with just 1 pic, then "edited" the other one in. No prob doing it that way.
Maybe the total size of the photos is considered?

OP
OP
P

pelliott1954

Free Member
Sep 16, 2010
Funster No
Thanks John,
I did manage to get all the spaces for pic's filled in the end, I just had to resize them down to 200 x 150 pixels each, then it uploaded.

I just think it would be better if all the work one had done preparing the advert didn't just disappear when the upload failed.

Regards Paul

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back