Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
We're off to France again soon and usually use Marina Drive in Dover to stop overnight before getting an early ferry, and then for the same on the way home following a late night crossing.
I was told last week that you can no longer stay here:cry:
Does anyone know if this has changed?
Can we still park up for free overnight on Marina Drive?

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Plenty of forum 'chatter' about it but haven't found anything saying it's been stopped... this may be of interest ..

Overnight parking on Marine Parade for motorhomes or caravans is permitted only up near the Clock Tower ie nearer the Western Docks or the Cruise Liner Docks.

If you park at the other end, (infront of the big block of flats called "The Gateway" you can be fined/clamped. This area is reserved for cars & bikes only. The Port Police do regular Patrols & do occasionally move people on. The residents of 'The Gateway' often phone the police to complain about the motorhomers who use the bushes as toilets & the rubbish.

To those doubters? - my 91 year old Mother lives in the Gateway & I have seen it - & it really does happen!

Also the small shelter near the Eastern docks on the front is a regular for drug users, so not the best place to stop.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We were there on 31 May and it looked as if we should have been at the west end, but when we came back on 6 July, it was dark and everybody was just parked at the usual place. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We parked in front of the flats in early April. There has been a change to the parking bay markings on the road. A couple of police cars passed us on patrol which is normal along the promenade. Nobody said a word.

There were three other motor homes parked at the same time.

Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Thanks for all the replies. That helps a lot, and means that we will stick to the original plan:thumb:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Probably a resident of 'The Gateway' spreading the story. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
errpaul

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Probably a resident of 'The Gateway' spreading the story. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When I was searching the internet for info on this I did come across a forum where the residents were talking about ways to stop MH's parking there!!!
Lets hope they don't get their way:winky:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, I think thats up the end towards the dock where the 6' 6" limit is, we always go the other end, as far down as we can get, then in the morning just go round the roundabout and back up to the dock, it easier to get out that way.:thumb: Bob.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
When I was searching the internet for info on this I did come across a forum where the residents were talking about ways to stop MH's parking there!!!
Lets hope they don't get their way:winky:

They are really being picky because most of the flats in the Gateway are way above the roof of any MH. The ground floor residents will be affected but the majority would not see any impact.

Just something to complain about for some people. Not all Kentish residents are like this but a hell of a lot of them that are.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back