Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Hello everyone
I'd planned to travel back to the UK to buy a m/home but now reckon I'll have to buy here in France. (registration, insurance etc..)
Could I have opinions on this please:
Link Removed[
I know the interior is a bit garish, but am more interested in the work it has had done.

Any opinions welcome!!!/B]

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hello everyone
I'd planned to travel back to the UK to buy a m/home but now reckon I'll have to buy here in France. (registration, insurance etc..)
Could I have opinions on this please:
Link Removed[
I know the interior is a bit garish, but am more interested in the work it has had done.

Any opinions welcome!!!/B]

had to use Google to translate ..

Definitely worth a closer inspection and test drive... take along someone with mechanical knowledge .. does it come with any warranty ?

J5 camper diesel entierrement RENOVATED al interieur.La cabin and the cell is completely repainted outside al.
lc CT is OK n no work is anticipated.
The timing belt is just done, drain again, the water pump pulley and new.
The clutch is new.
All the work was done by a proffessional bill supports diverse al.
It is ready to go.
Big advantage because very low for a former model.
C is a 6 beds and 5 registered seats.
It has 157000KM, it is equipped with a hook hitch ily has asked nine four months (invoice support 2000euro al), a top box, DVB-T antenna, gas and CO2 detector, water heater, refrigerator trimix, shower, toilet, Luton 3 people, table converts to a bed for 2 + 1 table converts into a bed people, two gas fires, plenty of storage,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Thanks--sorry, I forgot it's in French (duhhhh) which translates automatically on my laptop. thanks for putting the translation.

With all it's had done, would I look for anything else related to these?

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
It doesn't seem to mention its age. From the look of it it is the old shape, original Ducato, and the mileage is pretty high for a motorhome, however the price is good though the respray could cover a multitude of sins.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
It doesn't seem to mention its age. From the look of it it is the old shape, original Ducato, and the mileage is pretty high for a motorhome, however the price is good though the respray could cover a multitude of sins.

yes, good points .. but don't forget the French USE their vans.. and 100,000 miles isn't a big issue provided it's been regularly serviced ..

the previous owner has spent money on the engine and has a new clutch so probably thought it deserved a respray to smarten it up..

on the the other hand the cab could be full of rust .. so careful inspection needed .. especially underneath on the main chassis and cross members and in the foot wells.. also bottom of cab doors and wings.

Upvote 0

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Seems Ok but as said elsewhere RUST! Look for places that have been filled, put your head sideways and look along the body work.

Check age of tyres as well

Peter

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Just my two-penerth :thumb: I notice the ceiling has plastic ship-lap on it :Eeek: They sometimes use it to cover up after leaks :Eeek: so be aware :thumb: but don't let it put you off - more bargaining power :thumb::winky:
terry

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Hollyberry

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Wow, thanks everyone, you mentioned things I hadn't thought of--filler and & the ceiling cover.

The m/homes are much higher mileage here, as they tend to get used more and even in my car i really clock up the kms.
There is a lovely LHD on Ebay UK, exactly what I want but it's in Norfolk :cry:

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Just my two-penerth :thumb: I notice the ceiling has plastic ship-lap on it :Eeek: They sometimes use it to cover up after leaks :Eeek: so be aware :thumb: but don't let it put you off - more bargaining power :thumb::winky:
terry

very observant Terry.. I never spotted that until you pointed it out ..maybe the owner had some surplus from doing the house :roflmto:

Upvote 0

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
To check for filler (cos these things rust in front of your eyes), have a very small magnet in your hand, and run it lightly over the bodywork. Pay particular attention to the base of the windscreen area, the doors, the front wing area, etc.
Where there is filler, the magnet won't try to stick to the bodywork. If that is the case, walk away....................far away.

An opinion borne of first hand knowledge of one of these rust-traps.

Upvote 0

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Wow, thanks everyone, you mentioned things I hadn't thought of--filler and & the ceiling cover.

The m/homes are much higher mileage here, as they tend to get used more and even in my car i really clock up the kms.
There is a lovely LHD on Ebay UK, exactly what I want but it's in Norfolk :cry:

If that is from LHD Motorhomes it will be a German one and will still have all the German documentation

I bought our first decent one from the chap and have sent a few folk to him.. Absolute diamond of a guy.. works from home which is a small holding just north of Watton, some 20 miles from me

If you really fancy it and that is the guy, I could take a rider out there and look it over for you ..

Upvote 0

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Sorry.. got the one you are looking at and I do not know the chap.. BUT ! It is in the same area so the offer stands if you want me to take a look

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back