Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5th Wheeler
Exp
Hi All
Only joined the forum a few days ago, and only became owners of our new 5er a few weeks ago. DW and I have been caravanners, motorhomers and now 5er's. We are both retired so can spend long periods away in our new toy, in fact spend all winter in Portugal. Is'nt it nice that the kids have bought us this trailer and pick-up , after all it was their inheritance.

We went for a Calder triple slide, as space to live long winters was a priority. Its been said many times before, but dealing with Alex and family at Calder is a pleasure. Delivery from ordering was said to be 6 to 8 weeks, it was. Alterations to the 5er were made according ti instructions, and the hand over was leisurly and comprehensive.

Now looking forward to 3 weeks in France from 7th August. We will read postings on this forum with interest and hopefully pick up useful information at the same time.

many thanks
J & M :Smile::thumb:

Attachments

• KL05.jpg
    KL05.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 86

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
welcome New Funster. hope you enjoy your ski'ng experience! and lovely 5er by the way

Andrea & Jeff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
:welcomefunster: Wow your 5er looks lovely, wishing you both many happy hours travelling and enjoying it

John n Kath

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi majo, welcome to the Fun :thumb: Nice looking rig, what are you going to tow it with?

Gran & Rog

Free Member
Apr 17, 2011
Lofthouse, Wakefield
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Eight years
HI, you are so lucky to have dealt with Alex and his family we made a very big mistake and used STT:cry:

Your rig is awesome hope you enjoy, we havn't been able to enjoy ours much as its always parked on the drive with something wrong:thumbdown::Mad:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Fabulous rig hope you really have wonderful trip in her.

What your tow truck?

OP
OP
majo

majo

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5th Wheeler
Exp
Hi majo, welcome to the Fun :thumb: Nice looking rig, what are you going to tow it with?

We purchased the rig complete with an 08 Navara (6.5ton train). I know there are mixed feelings about Navara's, so I can only speak from my own point of view. 300 miles from East Calder, mainly M-way, maintained good progress up both Beatock and Shap climbs, 19.5mpg. Reversing into parking spot uphill made use of 4WD low ratio, no problem.

I am never in a hurry 55 - 60mph quite sufficient. Too many years at work at these speeds

J & M :thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Welcome to Fun and welcome to the land of 5'ers - we have been fulltiming in ours for 3 years and still love every day - so much fun and so much freedom - try and get to a few of the rallies and join in with some FUN :ROFLMAO::thumb:

chaswb100

Free Member
Oct 18, 2008
Brentwood,Essex
Funster No
MH
5er
Exp
2 Years
Hi All
Only joined the forum a few days ago, and only became owners of our new 5er a few weeks ago. DW and I have been caravanners, motorhomers and now 5er's. We are both retired so can spend long periods away in our new toy, in fact spend all winter in Portugal. Is'nt it nice that the kids have bought us this trailer and pick-up , after all it was their inheritance.

We went for a Calder triple slide, as space to live long winters was a priority. Its been said many times before, but dealing with Alex and family at Calder is a pleasure. Delivery from ordering was said to be 6 to 8 weeks, it was. Alterations to the 5er were made according ti instructions, and the hand over was leisurly and comprehensive.

Now looking forward to 3 weeks in France from 7th August. We will read postings on this forum with interest and hopefully pick up useful information at the same time.

many thanks
J & M :Smile::thumb:

Hi & Welcome

Hope you are as pleased with your Tripleslide as we are with ours.
We have had it nearly a year after trading in our previous 26RK.
You won't go wrong with Calder.Great people to deal with.
What changes did you make to the standard spec?

Regards Chas

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and Welcome
Had a good look round the tripple slide at the northern show the other weekend, its a cracking unit and the lounge seems so big with the double slides i believe Margaret said it was just short of 13' wide when both slides were out.

OP
OP
majo

majo

Free Member
Jul 12, 2011
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5th Wheeler
Exp
Hi & Welcome

Hope you are as pleased with your Tripleslide as we are with ours.
We have had it nearly a year after trading in our previous 26RK.
You won't go wrong with Calder.Great people to deal with.
What changes did you make to the standard spec?

Regards Chas

The main change asked for was to re-site the hand wash basin into the toilet compartment, complete with cupboard below and mirrored cupboard above. a third cupboard was also sited above the toilet itself. A triangular unit took the place of the original hand wash basin.
Additional mirrors were added along with a full length one behind the bedroom door.
We are both very happy with our purchase and are looking forward to our 3 weeks in France from the 7th Aug.

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
Recently had the pleasure of meeting a new owner of a Kountrylight towed by a Navara ,
the 5er suplied new by Calder was not suplied with a handbrake which i thought was a legal requirement on a trailer of this size .

Just wondering if yours has a handbrake

I may stand corrected

Ian

Deleted User
Recently had the pleasure of meeting a new owner of a Kountrylight towed by a Navara ,
the 5er suplied new by Calder was not suplied with a handbrake which i thought was a legal requirement on a trailer of this size .

Just wondering if yours has a handbrake

I may stand corrected

Ian

Opening a can of worms there, below is part of a DOT factsheet for American caravan/trailer up to 3500kg brakes which is available online.

5. Parking brakes
American caravans/trailers do not always have a parking brake. European requirements demand that a caravan/trailer must be fitted with a parking brake that is capable of holding the vehicle stationary on an 18 per cent up or down gradient. Also, the working parts must be held in the locked position by a purely mechanical device.

Obviously some form of parking brake (not "hand" brake ) is required, I use a mechanical choc between the tyres which is attached to the trailer by a metal chord, some think this is not legal. My opinion is that this device fulfills all the above requirements, but as trailers under 3500kg do not need an annual test ( those above do ) and I have not been pulled into a VOSA checkpoint the matter is still not 100% clear.

In the past people have mentioned construction & use regulations but never porvided any documentation as proof. Calder Leisure is a reputable firm and have dealings with VOSA, particularly regarding uprating Navara's, I am sure they would not sell an illegal vehicle.

Basically you pays your money and takes your choice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back