pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
anyone else have one of these TV's ?

do you have a problem with the remote control not responding if aimed from the left hand side ?

then i have the solution :thumb:

the problem is the remote magic 'eye' doesnt line up with the 'lens' on the front of the tv and can only be seen from the right hand side.

from the back of the tv, remove the screws around the edge holding the front panel in place.
(10 i think, one screw is recessed in the stand bracket)

turn over and carefully unclip the front cover and lift off.
it's on molded clips on each side and needs a knife or small screwdriver between the front and back panels to ease it over the clips.

the magic 'eye' is mounted on the front panel and has a short, flat lead running to it.

undo the two screws and lift out of the way.

very carefully cut away half of the screw pillar nearest the corner of the panel.....cut to a depth of around 1/4"....to allow the small PCB to be repositioned further to the side.

line up the magic 'eye' with the lens and, as the screw holes no longer align, superglue back in place.

my TV can now 'see' the remote from just about any angle. :thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
not that i would try to do that, but saying that havent noticed a prob with either of our 16" akuras

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
anyone else have one of these TV's ?

do you have a problem with the remote control not responding if aimed from the left hand side ?

then i have the solution :thumb:

the problem is the remote magic 'eye' doesnt line up with the 'lens' on the front of the tv and can only be seen from the right hand side.

from the back of the tv, remove the screws around the edge holding the front panel in place.
(10 i think, one screw is recessed in the stand bracket)

turn over and carefully unclip the front cover and lift off.
it's on molded clips on each side and needs a knife or small screwdriver between the front and back panels to ease it over the clips.

the magic 'eye' is mounted on the front panel and has a short, flat lead running to it.

undo the two screws and lift out of the way.

very carefully cut away half of the screw pillar nearest the corner of the panel.....cut to a depth of around 1/4"....to allow the small PCB to be repositioned further to the side.

line up the magic 'eye' with the lens and, as the screw holes no longer align, superglue back in place.

my TV can now 'see' the remote from just about any angle. :thumb:
and if the above fail's get up and use the button's on the telly:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
sorry papa could not resist:thumb:
good tip though:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back