Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
we are thinking of going to the brecon beacons for a few day does anyone konw if it is possible to wild camp in the area

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We camp in the carparks Gaz, south and East of Penn-y-Fan but there are loads of small sites in the area. I know you always have your camera with you, the rain we've had lately should mean Lady falls will be flowing:Smile:
outdoors---welsh-w_1938774b.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Gaz

Gaz

Free Member
Nov 25, 2007
cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since june 2005
We camp in the carparks Gaz, south and East of Penn-y-Fan but there are loads of small sites in the area. I know you always have your camera with you, the rain we've had lately should mean Lady falls will be flowing:Smile:
[/IMG]

it will be in august hope the rain has stop by then:Smile:

we may venture over to your site as well

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
outdoors---welsh-w_1938774b.jpg

Where is that place Jim? Is it near your place? If so must ask to Steve if we can stop there!!!! It is really nice!!!:thumb:

Frankie:Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Where is that place Jim? Is it near your place? If so must ask to Steve if we can stop there!!!! It is really nice!!!:thumb:

Frankie:Smile:

Its about an hour from me, but its just 10 minutes from Funsters Kath and John (Champers):thumb:

Douzeper

Funster
Nov 23, 2010
Antrim, Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New to all this, but I seen this on another site...

------

A report into Tackling Wildcamping /Caravaning /Tenting was released over the weekend in South Wales. Some of the best Known Gower Peninsular beauty spots are to be protected from such activities with a clampdown on any illegal Camping. Three Cliffs Horton and Port Eynon are the worst affected on the Gower. Landowners, Police and Gower rangers are to patrol The Gower Area and remove any persons or Vehicle’s that are camping or parked illegally. A spokesman stated that they have been forced into this action due to the irresponsible behaviour of the campers leaving behind toilet waste and litter. So if you want to stay on the Gower ,Be warned use a car park or Site. Or you could land up with a £60 fixed penalty. It appears the landowners and residents of the Gower have had enough but it as to say most of the illegal camping is by Tenters. Other local authorities are also looking at this Problem. The Brecon Beacons also as a similar problem. Councillors are of the opinion, we give people permission to open camp sites and because they state there is a call for them. Then we get these so called campers on a Freebie who abuse our country side and the costs of cleaning it up out ways the benefits and money generated locally. There is a general feeling that people who wild camp do not not contribute to the local economy they bring in all their needs with them. So once again a Minority kills it off.

BionicPixie

Free Member
Aug 15, 2009
non
Funster No
MH
Exp
Gaz43
We stay in a Forestry Commission area just outside Ystradfellte beautiful spot Link Removed Blaen Llia

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Its about an hour from me, but its just 10 minutes from Funsters Kath and John (Champers):thumb:

Ashamed to say that I havent seen this, been up to Pen-y-Fan etc there are some large laybys with good greenery sheltering a few of them

JJ has wild camped on the way to visit us but the roads could be noisy due to the heavy traffic

Hopefully the skies will run out of rain by August:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Kath

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
We found a little spot a mile or so south of Storey Arms, more or less on the junction of the A470 and A4059, next to a little reservoir, and also alonside Tal-y-bont reservoir.

There's a map showing the specific points, and a few piccies, in our blog (link below), dated January 2011. You may have to drag the map around a bit but you can do that from the blog. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back