LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, we are waiting for our new Bentley Oulton to be finished being built and wondered about having a tracker fitted.

Looking on ebay, they are certainly not as expensive as we expected, but we are not sure how this particular model works or how much it will cost for the 'running charge'

Real time GSM/GPRS/GPS tracker with free hardwire TK102

Any advice will be appreciated.

Ginny

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
There was a thread running last week which debated various aspects of trackers and location devices.

Link Removed

I think one of the most important things to make sure, if going for a tracker is that it is approved by your insurer. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
To include the tracker £650 will see you covered for life, UK & Europe nothing more to pay whilst you own the car. Thatcham approved, discounted insurance (avivas tracker of choice) and most importantly - you can track your car as well as the tracking company!

When looking at trackers, get to know WHAT you are buying. There are trackers and Vehicle Location Devices which are sold as trackers but really are not the same thing at all! You need a recognised tracker to allow the Police to take notice and track the vehicle - otherwise you are calling them and relaying info that could be way out of date, and that is even if they enter into conversation with you! They can do very little unless they can see the vehicle on public property - if hidden on private land/property/shipping container then they cannot do anything as they have no reliable source of proof.

If a recgnised tracker is activated, then they have 'reasonable cause' to enter and search. You get what you pay for....but make sure that you are buying what you think you are paying for!

OP
OP
Teasy2007

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
To include the tracker £650 will see you covered for life, UK & Europe nothing more to pay whilst you own the car. Thatcham approved, discounted insurance (avivas tracker of choice) and most importantly - you can track your car as well as the tracking company!

When looking at trackers, get to know WHAT you are buying. There are trackers and Vehicle Location Devices which are sold as trackers but really are not the same thing at all! You need a recognised tracker to allow the Police to take notice and track the vehicle - otherwise you are calling them and relaying info that could be way out of date, and that is even if they enter into conversation with you! They can do very little unless they can see the vehicle on public property - if hidden on private land/property/shipping container then they cannot do anything as they have no reliable source of proof.

If a recgnised tracker is activated, then they have 'reasonable cause' to enter and search. You get what you pay for....but make sure that you are buying what you think you are paying for!

Thanks for the advice, I have read the previous thread and can now see the significant difference between the two systems.

We are having a Cobra alarm system fitted next week and just wanted a tracker to give additional 'piece of mind' which would not cost me another £600.

I think we will have to rely on the Alarm system and immobiliser on the Renault base, which I understand is very good, for the time being.

Thanks again.

Ginny

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back