Free Member
Jul 17, 2011
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2011
Our first trip is to France and we were planning on visiting Disneyland. I have read that there is parking on site. Does this have to be booked or is it a case of turn up and park up. Do we buy park tickets in advance or again is it a case of turn up at the gate? Sorry... Going from package deals to DIY is daunting!!!

Apr 20, 2009
norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Hi Yes there is parking on site just follow motorhome signs and there is no need to book in advance. as for entrance tickets if u have time book online works out cheaper if not buy on the day. we payed for one nights stay i think its about 20 euros but stayed longer with no problems . by the way if u stay longer but dont want to go in the park there is a train just but a ticket and u can go one stop to the shopping centre or a bit further and visit the eifle tower ect . hope this helps:thumb:

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
This may help, give you an insight what it's like...
We actually arrived the night before at about 10pm and slept outside, went straight in early morning when it opened and had time to cook breakfast before we started on the park..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxMwTgLbhdI[/ame]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We've been a few times, yes its expensive. but the kids really enjoyed it. Disney without yanks but with a bit of je ne sais quoi is a delight. :thumb:

errpaul

Free Member
Feb 27, 2009
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
11 yrs
Our first trip is to France and we were planning on visiting Disneyland. I have read that there is parking on site. Does this have to be booked or is it a case of turn up and park up. Do we buy park tickets in advance or again is it a case of turn up at the gate? Sorry... Going from package deals to DIY is daunting!!!

We love disney and go there a lot!!
Yes it's expensive for food etc in the park, but we've been to places in the South and West of France where we've had to pay stupid prices for food in supermarkets......Try 8E for a mellon, and nearly 20e for some night time nappy things that you get for around £4 a pack.

Off to Disney again in August...our 4 month old can't wait:winky:

When are you going?

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
why ?

there is sooooo much to see in France besides Disney..

IMO .. it's a just one big rip off, would never ever ever go again.. :thumbdown:

Have to agree with Jim.......

We went with the kids last year.... All of us agreed, we do not want to go back..:Eeek:
It's more shops selling Disney tat at massively inflated prices, with fast food / restaurants also priced ridiculously, than decent rides, fun and entertainment for the kids.

It is purely designed to maximise the extraction of cash from your pockets.:Doh:

Overpriced, overcrowded and overrated in our view. We were really quite happy to leave.

On the other hand the kids really enjoyed a day out at both, Bagatelle Parc near Le Touquet and at Bellewarde just across the border in Belgium, and we have been back a few times to both of them over the years.:thumb:

Link Removed

http://www.bellewaerdepark.be/nl/attracties

Each to their own of course, just our family's opinion...

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
We intend to call in to DLP on our way to 'who knows where???' in 2 weeks time. Look at the video link above - it will help you enormously. Its an enormous 'aire' and right by the covered walkway to the parks and Disney Village. Water and waste facilities only.

Its 20 euros a night to park or free if you have an annual pass (Fantasy or Dream). Park passes can be expensive - if you intend to spend a few days there or will return within the year, the annual pass works out cheaper.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/booking/annual-passports/

Only one member of the party needs a pass for the discounts. The nice thing is that you can buy a day pass and then if you think you will return again you can exchange the pass on the day for an annual pass - 'try before you buy" Also worth finding another annual pass holder to introduce you - you get a discount and it will contribute towards a free renewal for the pass holder.

It is expensive, especially to eat, but with a MH you can nip 'home' for meals and a rest or a cup of tea!:thumb:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Just a tip - don't park up by the covered walkway. The music starts at 7.00 and goes on until 11.30p.m. - and on.. and on.... and on.........

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
OK, read the reviews and decided I will go there next Saturday :thumb:

We are going on the tunnel Fri evening so would not get down there until about 11.30pm, can you get in the parking area at that time of night or do we wait outside? second question is if you are outside what time can you get in the car park in the morning and what time do the gates open to the park?

From the reviews it does look a load of nonsense but what the hell it will only add 20 miles to my route to the S of F ::bigsmile: I have been to Disneyland Florida which was great, also been to Disneyland Hong Kong last year, that was very qiet and like a mini version of Florida. absolutely no queues anywhere, rides or shows, just wondered in and went again if you wanted to, no queue to have a pic with the characters, it was like a personal opening. My only concern is that a Saturday in August at Paris will be HELL, but with the knowledge of that we can just make the best of the day.

So, where is the best place to get tickets, what are the best tactics to get the most of the day e.g. most popular rides, do we get straight on them at opening? Any help would be appreciated, I will have 9yr and 2yr old girls with me :thumb:

Oh, and last question, if I want to head off early Sunday morning after a night in their camping car park, what time do the gates open to get out :winky:e

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Some pics from 'deserted' Hong Kong Disneyland :thumb:

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We are going on the tunnel Fri evening so would not get down there until about 11.30pm, can you get in the parking area at that time of night or do we wait outside? second question is if you are outside what time can you get in the car park in the morning and what time do the gates open to the park?

So, where is the best place to get tickets, what are the best tactics to get the most of the day e.g. most popular rides, do we get straight on them at opening? Any help would be appreciated, I will have 9yr and 2yr old girls with me :thumb:

Oh, and last question, if I want to head off early Sunday morning after a night in their camping car park, what time do the gates open to get out :winky:e

1. At 11.30pm just park outside.. See my youtube link above..
2. Gates open about 7.30 / 8am ish..
3. Getting out no issues, no barriers etc, Just drive out.
4. Ticket,.. Cant help we just bought at the gate..

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Thanks, found we can get 15% off by booking tickets in advance online, so did that tonight, still blinking expensive to get in :Eeek:

If you can drive out at anytime why can't you drive in at anytime?

I have no problem parking outside but being at the side of a road does seem a tad common :winky:

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Anyone got any more info on Disney, I'm getting a little concerned that I believed what could have been sauce talk and have now committed myself to a day with Micky on Saturday, so what are the best rides to get on first for the kids, and any hints of do's and don'ts :winky:

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
Its difficult to advise! How old are the kids? Have you got a one park or two park ticket? Do you like shows / parades or rides?

Look at the DLP website to help you to plan. Check the park hours and parade / show times. Link Removed

You can also explore DLP in Google Earth.

Buzz Lightyear is excellent for kids of all ages ::bigsmile:

The afternoon parade is great to see all of the characters - watch for the crowds starting to gather and bag your kerbside spot early!

Our favourites include - Moteurs..Action stunt show, Pirates of the Caribbean, Phantom Manor, Studio Tram Tour, Peter Pan's Flight, Cinemagique, Animagique.......

We don't like thrill rides so we avoid Space Mountain, Indiana Jones, Tower of Terror and Rock'n'Roller Coaster.

Queues will be big so use fast pass whenever you can - get it early then you can plan your day around your return window. Realistically you need several days to explore it all at leisure so planning is key to making sure that you don't miss out on your 'must do's'. Its also not always about the rides (but with limited time that may be your priority) - its a great place just to wander around, with 'ad hoc' surprises (street shows and characters) and the Disney attention to detail.

I'm sure other will come along with some more suggestions but fire away if you have any more questions.

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Two girls 9 and 2yrs, only there for a full day Saturday, got two park tickets, would be interested to know more about fast track :thumb:

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
Taken from DLP site -

Make even more out of your day in Disneyland® Park with FASTPASS®, a FREE service that allows you more convenient access to the following attractions by reducing the waiting time in line:
DISNEYLAND PARK
Indiana Jones™ and the Temple of Peril, Adventureland
Space Mountain: Mission 2, Discoveryland
Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast®, Discoveryland
Big Thunder Mountain, Frontierland
Peter Pan's Flight, Fantasyland
Star Tours, Discoveryland
WALT DISNEY STUDIOS PARK
Rock'n'Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, Backlot
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™, Production Courtyard
Flying Carpets over Agrabah, Toon Studio

How does it work?
Insert each Park admission ticket into the FASTPASS machine at the entrance to the attraction.
Receive your FASTPASS ticket indicating a return time, and go off and enjoy other activities in the Park.
Return to the attraction at the time indicated on your FASTPASS ticket and board in a matter of minutes via the FASTPASS entrance.
You may only have one FASTPASS ticket at a time per person. Another ticket can only be obtained once the previous ticket has been used. The FASTPASS ticket is only valid with a Park admission ticket valid for the same day. The distribution of FASTPASS tickets is subject to the availability of the service and tickets.

Swift

Banned
Sep 13, 2010
Funster No
Brilliant, thanks :thumb:

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
You are very welcome!!

You will find that its very similar to Florida WDW - just a little more european - compact and bijou! :winky:

I hope the sun shines for you - have a great time!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back