Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
banging a few post's in tonight......gets me out of the after trip washing and cleaning:ROFLMAO:.
We have considered the idea of a scooter, as walking is OK, as long as you dont have to. What ive found out so far, is that a 50cc would be OK and i'd be able to carry a passenger, but would it actually move with 30stone on it?:ROFLMAO: I,m not talking about fast, just plodding etc, or has anyone any better ideas, should i take the test thing to get a bigger one, all advice welcome.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi I have a 50cc scooter and love it i can do 45mph on it but when you hit a hill you notice the difference it can be down to 30 and thats not a steep hill so id imagine with 2 people on it it would really struggle.

Id say for safety get something a little bigger.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
30 stone on a 50cc......be prepared to push a lot.

it should be ok on the flat...once it gets going, but it will kill it going up hills.

i would suggest a minimum of 125cc....if you have a bike licence of course so you can carry pillions !

Ooops...missed the last bit of your post :Doh:

more expensive but a couple electric bikes would be a better option.....or a bike licence.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
what about a road legal quad???
not required to take a bike test cos you can ride it on a car licence and you don't need helmets:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
what about a road legal quad???
not required to take a bike test cos you can ride it on a car licence and you don't need helmets:thumb:
never thought of that option :thumb:

as for no helmets.....on the road that is something i wouldnt even consider :Doh:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi.

We've just been down the same path. We found towing a small car restrictive when parking up and cycles hard work when you wanted to go any distance. So I Looked at 50cc scooters and decided they are not really man enough for two, so on advice from a knowledgable friend I went for a 125cc vespa. One of the best toys I've ever bought, plenty of power uphill and on the flat, two up, and we are not lightweights, and real fun to ride, easy to load on the back of the van and quicker to get off. I find myself asking if we need anything from the shop just to get out on it.:Cool:

Cheers Mike.

OP
OP
darklord

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
I had considered a road legal quad, the only problem with one, is that they are currently , probably the most desired item in the world, by those who chose not to pay for them, and due to their size, can easliy be thrown onto a flatbed truck. I thought maybe a 50cc would be pushing it, so i suppose its 125cc and a test, or try to find a way of not getting a quad nicked:Smile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think you need to do a CBT every 2 years with a 125 unless you do the full bike test. I think the bike test is quite tough these days as well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back