Neil Smith

Free Member
Jul 13, 2011
Wales
Funster No
MH
Don't Own One Yet
Exp
Hi I am Neil I found this forum on a search while doing some research into buying a Motorhome.

My wife and I are looking at getting a MH some time in the near future, we have always liked traveling but over the last several years work and family commitments have only allowed an occasional break away, most of which could have been accommodated by taking a MH. We are hoping to have more time in the future and be able to take longer breaks, so we thought a MH would be ideal suiting our rather nomadic approach to holidays.

I have never had any experience of staying in a MH, in the past its usually been camping and hotels with the occasional cottage break. We are looking at getting a cheaper MH in the £5000-£10000 region which will be used all year round. Initially we will be using it for trips in the UK but will be taking it abroad in the future.

Camping was great when we were younger, but various aches and pains have appeared, which have given rise to wanting a comfortable bed at the end of a long day.

We are hoping the forum will give us some insight and knowledge before we spend the hard earned cash.

Neil

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Neil and wife,welcome ::bigsmile::thumb: There are many pitfalls to avoid when buying a M/H and the single most important thing you want is a layout that's right for you :thumb:There are plenty of pages on here for you to search or you can just ask away :thumb:
As a newby I think you get 5 free posts but then you have to pay a tenner :Eeek: but you will be hard pushed to find a better place to spend your tenner and the site (us) will save you that amount many times over :ROFLMAO::thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Hi Neil and wife,welcome ::bigsmile::thumb: There are many pitfalls to avoid when buying a M/H and the single most important thing you want is a layout that's right for you :thumb:There are plenty of pages on here for you to search or you can just ask away :thumb:
As a newby I think you get 5 free posts but then you have to pay a tenner :Eeek: but you will be hard pushed to find a better place to spend your tenner and the site (us) will save you that amount many times over :ROFLMAO::thumb:
terry

I agree with all the above. The search feature on its own is worth a tenner, but also look at this book as a very worthwhile investment:
Link Removed

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi and welcome.. lots of good advice and lots of ... well.. lets say not so good ... make up your own mind .. it's a fun site .. :roflmto:

btw.. what colour socks do you wear ? ::bigsmile:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
:welcomefunster: :thumb: :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Welcome to the forum! You will get plenty of advice here, and advice you can trust....as well as fun - life is to short to be boring.

Join up, and you can download Jim's Buyers Manual - which is well worth it, and may save a headache or two!

You can alo look into hiring one, which will give you a 'try-before-you-buy' option to decide if it is for you.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Welcome on board, as all the above posts there is plenty of advice to be had and a lot of FUN...... enjoy your van when you get it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back