Glenbrittle, Isle of Skye (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We spent a week at this site featured in The Guardian... a beach front site with views to die for ....
This site is in a stunning setting at the foot of the Black Cuillins on the shore of Loch Brittle, with easy access to spectacular walking and climbing – you can spend a week or so here and never need to drive anywhere. The Talisker distillery (malts.com) up the glen at Carbost welcomes visitors with a tour and a dram. This is as near to wild camping as you can get while still having toilets, showers and shop.
01478 640404, tinyurl.com/6abdwlh, adult £6.40, child £4.20

Also reviewed in UK Campsite http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=1091

Glenbrittle-007.jpg

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Fantastic campsite, we parked right on the waters edge a few years ago:thumb:, cant use blue in the toilet though, but thats no hardship

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We spent a week at this site featured in The Guardian... a beach front site with views to die for ....

Ever since our one and only visit to Skye I've been ranting, "Look Skye" at the millions of bleak nothingness miles of UK scrub-land from Scotland to Cheshire. I'm in Northumberland at the moment, more Skye here than Skye.

Give me a good hill and a stack of pines any day. You want *views* go to Switzerland.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Ever since our one and only visit to Skye I've been ranting, "Look Skye" at the millions of bleak nothingness miles of UK scrub-land from Scotland to Cheshire. I'm in Northumberland at the moment, more Skye here than Skye.

Give me a good hill and a stack of pines any day. You want *views* go to Switzerland.

been to Switzerland several times Brian, been up Glacier 3,000 ( google it ) and yes, the views are magnificent .. but I never found a beachside campsite.. unless you count the big puddle of Lake Geneva .. :winky:

There is so much more to Skye than barren landscape and mountain views so I guess it failed to capture your imagination .. it's not everyone's cup of tea..

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
There is so much more to Skye than barren landscape and mountain views so I guess it failed to capture your imagination .. it's not everyone's cup of tea..

Thank god we are not all the same. And it seems we missed some of the best bits by just doing the two northern loops.

A bit of piece and tranquility stuck in my mind is in the middle of nowhere in Switzerland, a "campsite" consisting of a caravan office and an immaculate portakabin toilet block in a pine forest. The only sounds a stream and cow bells in the distance.

What turns me on.......

Attachments

• R14.jpg
    R14.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 22
  • SW12.jpg
    SW12.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 24
  • SW14.jpg
    SW14.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 24
  • G27.jpg
    G27.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 22
  • R5.jpg
    R5.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Thank god we are not all the same.

What turns me on.......

Amen to that ..

I get turned on by wilderness, lonely places, desolation, no people, where no one can hear you scream... and you can hear your heart beat .. so, I would probably hate many of the places you enjoy .. we are indeed, not all the same.. :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I would probably hate many of the places you enjoy

Here is one you would. Long ago. Really pissed off younger daughter "we don't have to walk up there".Männlichen. We could hear a storm drift by below us.

Attachments

• sw1.jpg
    sw1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 25

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Amen to that ..

I get turned on by wilderness, lonely places, desolation, no people, where no one can hear you scream... and you can hear your heart beat .. so, I would probably hate many of the places you enjoy .. we are indeed, not all the same.. :Smile:

Thats why I loved living on Dartmoor, and would love to move back.

All the best Rick.

dogmanlpool

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
liverpool
Funster No
MH
mercedes 609d
skye

Also reviewed in UK Campsite http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=1091

Glenbrittle-007.jpg
hello jim i find skye to give a strange feeling out like you shudnt be there ??? couldnt settle all the time i was there ? and have spoke to other people and they have said the same and even spoke to scotch man when we were skiing and when i told him i had been to skye he asked me if i had that strange feeling ?? wereid:Eeek: ? but lovly place even if i was only there for 1 sleepless night ? has anyone else experienced this , butterflys in stomach and constantly on edge ??? dogmanlpool

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
hello jim i find skye to give a strange feeling out like you shudnt be there ??? couldnt settle all the time i was there ? and have spoke to other people and they have said the same and even spoke to scotch man when we were skiing and when i told him i had been to skye he asked me if i had that strange feeling ?? wereid:Eeek: ? but lovly place even if i was only there for 1 sleepless night ? has anyone else experienced this , butterflys in stomach and constantly on edge ??? dogmanlpool

It's certainly a magical place .. and when the clouds come down it does feel a bit ghostly .. but never felt anything strange or supernatural.

but you are not alone.. Googling I found this article Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back