LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just seen on the news that a motorhome crossed a level crossing and was struck by a train on the A10 near Ely

Fortunately ( amazingly ) no one was killed, but the 'elderly couple' who were in the motorhome were taken to hospital.

During the report I noticed the cheeky emergency services folk had would out the awning from the motorhome... :Smile:

Both the railway police and the Cambridge police are investigating, and are examining cct footage to find out what happened

As an aside, the Air Ambulance was scrambled and attended..

Bang goes the little lolly we raised then !!!!! :Doh: ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I as bin wivout

Winout 't interweb most of the day !!

Darned connection has been up and down like a fiddlers elbow !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Just seen on the news that a motorhome crossed a level crossing and was struck by a train on the A10 near Ely

Fortunately ( amazingly ) no one was killed, but the 'elderly couple' who were in the motorhome were taken to hospital.

During the report I noticed the cheeky emergency services folk had would out the awning from the motorhome... :Smile:

Both the railway police and the Cambridge police are investigating, and are examining cct footage to find out what happened

should of gone to specsavers

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
they never got stuck on a level crossing. they overtook the cars that were stopped and drove into the side of the train thats the way I read it anyway.

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I suspect they thought the cars had parked up.. The driver should def be checked for eye sight when he is well enough ( no, not taking the mick... a fauilure to appreciate the cars had stopped for a level crossing can be the ONLY reason he just drove down the outside of the cars.. Well that or, god forbid, he was trying to do away with him and his missus

M1TCH

Free Member
May 15, 2011
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
I have to use a level crossing to gain accsess to my home which can at times be a bit of a pain to say the least, i have been in the que on more than one occation when a car has overtaken me thinking we are parked :Doh: the look on their faces when it sinks in is pricless Gray.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004

Locally raised cash to local problem :winky::winky:

OP
OP
Jaws

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH