Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Very high winds are forecast for today over much of the UK. Don't park your pride and joy under that old tree!! Best not bother with the awning this weekend::bigsmile:

In a storm a couple of years ago, a roof tile blew off the house and put a hole in the roof of our Bessecar :Sad:

Any tuggers out today? bet there will be the odd nutter:ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Wot u on about Jim?

It's lovely down south here:winky:

If you like the odd gales and downpour:Doh::cry:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Well hears what Yahoo say about it:cry:

Winds strong enough to damage properties and bring down trees are set to lash the UK this weekend, forecasters said.

The south west of England is expected to bear the brunt of the storms, building up on Saturday night and into Saturday, with winds reaching speeds of up to 80mph, according to forecasters MeteoGroup UK, the weather division of the Press Association.

Snow is also expected to fall on the Pennines and further north in Scotland, with Wales also receiving a flurry before the snow turns back into rain.

Marco Petagna, forecaster for MeteoGroup, said: "Tonight we have outbreaks of rain preceded by snow moving north across parts of Scotland and the Pennines as well as the hills of Wales before turning back to rain.

"Tonight and tomorrow very strong winds will come across Devon and Cornwall with gusts of between 70mph and 80mph.

"Those sorts of winds could cause problems, with the potential to cause damage, a chance of trees coming down, particularly with the ground being wet, and certainly roof tiles being blown off.

"It stays windy in the South West and south-west Wales throughout tomorrow and not until the evening will the winds die down.

"The south coast could also experience winds of 50mph to 55mph."

Mr Petagna added that Saturday's temperatures will be between 3C and 5C in the North and up to 12C or 13C in the South West with Sunday the North reaching between 5C and 8C and 9C or 10C in most other areas of the country.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
So far today we've had sun, rain, high winds and now snow. Oh to be in England now that summers here! :Eeek::Smile:

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Oh joy.....I shall brace myself for yet another power cut then shall I? :Doh: :cry:

Please, please don't go there Linda - the last lot caused so many problems here.:cry:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Please, please don't go there Linda - the last lot caused so many problems here.:cry:

Here too Pammy :cry:
Last time we had a storm we had a Leccy Board mobile generator on the drive for over a week! :Doh:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Here too Pammy :cry:
Last time we had a storm we had a Leccy Board mobile generator on the drive for over a week! :Doh:

Best not mention floods then:Doh:

I live at the top of a hill:winky::Smile:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
The best cure for a cold is a good malt whisky John. If it doesn't work you haven't drunk enough of it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Saw 3 on the A1 today.........WHY :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Just trying to cheer you up::bigsmile:

I am bored stiff and got a rotton cold as well:Angry:

Whenever it may apply to you, John, never have a flu-jab. We know of too many people who have had problems after such a jab! Why put something into your body that is not necessary in the hopes of avoiding one strain of flu?:whatthe:

We know you're committed at home now, but keep getting the fresh air and fun :winky::winky: and you shouldn't have too many colds or flu!

B&D

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Whenever it may apply to you, John, never have a flu-jab. We know of too many people who have had problems after such a jab! Why put something into your body that is not necessary in the hopes of avoiding one strain of flu?:whatthe:

We know you're committed at home now, but keep getting the fresh air and fun :winky::winky: and you shouldn't have too many colds or flu!

B&D
Strange.......i got invited for a flu jab this year.....im only 50 and in reasonably good health. when i asked why they didnt have a clue. that'll be the NHS then!!!!!!!!!

john.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
The last 2 years I have had pneumonia with last years one being very touch and go on the night of the 13th and I have sadly got permanent lung damage from it so asked about the jab this years and was advised to have it by the chest clinic so hoping their right as feeling rough now.

I have the Jab a) because I am diabetic and b) carers are recommenced to have one:RollEyes:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
We drove up to Shropshire from Basingstoke and back this weekend. We decided to go by car and stay in a hotel. I'm really glad we did as the RV we saw on the M5 did not look as though he was enjoying himself. I was surprised how many RVs, MHs and tuggers were out but I'm pleased I was in the car, the conditions were 'orrid

Cheers
Doug

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
John, just like the nonsense about autism and the MMR vaccine, people trot out the "don't have the flu jab" thing time after time. As a doctor (Consultant) myself, I would advise that you take QUALIFIED medical advice from your own GP or Consultant and not listen to scaremongering / ill-advised advice from unqualified individuals. In your situation, it is correct and advisable to have the vaccines recommended given your own health and the fact you are a carer to your frail dad.

BTW, the flu vaccine is NOT a "live" (attenuated) vaccine, so is unlikely to do anything more sinister than to aid the build-up of antibodies in the blood against the strain of flu it was made with. Flu, of course, is NOT the same as a cold and is far more dangerous to the immuno-compromised, frail (elderly, very ill, or very young).

In Africa, years ago, as a GP, I saw the massive life saving benefit of vaccination - the MMR saved millions of lives and I NEVER SAW A SINGLE CASE OF AUTISM.....in all the years I spent in General Practice. I have seen many deaths due to measles, however, before the vaccines were widespread....

Laurie :Sad::Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back