Which is best ? (1 Viewer)

coolasluck

Free Member
May 16, 2010
Funster No
I am searching for my perfect motorhome for full timing in :

Which is best ?

We like the Frankia i 7000bd or the euromobil i690hb,we would try for the 2003 models,price aside and engine aside what do you all think?

I dont here too much against these manufaturers.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Where will you be full timing? UK or abroad? Makes a difference when wanting aprts, as they may be easier to source if you around their source if you see what i mean.

Germans are far better quality - if going for home-based, then i would recommend the older ones, as the quality really has dropped in recent years. The acid test is the seat cushions - you should not be able to feel the board beneath, you want a deep cushion that is firm, and will last. Door handles, again quality, and doors internally.

After that, you go onto the base vehicle. Newer ones are DMF (Dual Mass Flywheel) which cost heaven and earth to replace compared with older single dry clutch.

Lots to think about! Good luck! Don't worry about taking time choosing and asking advice here - you will be living in it for long periods, so take your time and be fussy!

OP
OP
C

coolasluck

Free Member
May 16, 2010
Funster No
Cheers we are aiming to spend 6 months in the u.k and 6 months abroad,i have decided that we will want a good german marque with our prefered layout but not to sure which.I do like frankia and have recently started to look at the euromobil and are more impressed the more i hear of them.I did want to buy a hymer s700 with bed over the garage and 2 bench seats but all we find all the time are the bar versions,kind off makes me wonder if they were actually manufactured as i have never seen one for sale anwhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Never owned either but have heard plenty of good comments from fulltimers with the Euromobil ..

The most important thing to consider for full timing is the payload and storage space .. how do they compare ?

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
get as big a van as you can we full-time in our dethleffs at 28 foot long we find it is comfortable though someone asked if we were to rewind and start from scratch again we would have gone bigger possibly one of the 7.5 ton RS racehomes or similar.
the length of our van is quite adequate it could just do with being a little wider.
as for payload we are on the verge of being over weight.
the more luxury items you have fitted like air con , satellite system , wind out awning etc. all take food out of your cupboards.
also most garages on motorhomes may seem spacious but put a bbq , generator , wind break and a couple of decent outdoor chairs and a table and your heading towards overloading the rear axle.
payload is your biggest need, there is always plenty of storage areas in these motorhomes but rarely the spare capacity to utilise it fully.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
For space and comfort consider an RV

For space (slide outs) ..comfort and all the expected American household comforts, the American RV wins hands down. Have a peak inside one and you will see what I mean. Often cheaper than European motor homes but with all the added extras... Many 365 members on the RVOC and the 365 club... Sister sites to MHF... not all RV's are 30' plus... Ours is 23'9" long and has a slide out... 4 berths, fridge and separate freezer..etc., look at the link below and you get an idea of what our RV has and the price it was for sale when we purchased it.

Bob:Blush:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Spares and people willing to fix it (or simple enough to do it yourself) when abroad influences me... both my Iveco and 1987 Mercedes based Hymer have these advantages...

...as for RVs... and I know you can't make a choice judged on one or two experiences... but when Smudger experienced some trouble with his Winnebago when abroad a little while ago it posed quite some difficulties...

JJ

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Spares and people willing to fix it (or simple enough to do it yourself) when abroad influences me... both my Iveco and 1987 Mercedes based Hymer have these advantages...

...as for RVs... and I know you can't make a choice judged on one or two experiences... but when Smudger experienced some trouble with his Winnebago when abroad a little while ago it posed quite some difficulties...

JJ

only because he was with some thickos:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back