Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Just found THIS SITE which is similar to France Passion it seems.

Anyone use it or joined it or has any comments. Not a lot of info on the site regarding what's on offer, they clearly want your cash before letting you see much information. :Sad:

It has to be a move in the right direction and better than the Pub Stopover site as it encompasses more than just pubs. Not everyone likes to stay in pub car parks. :RollEyes:

johnson

Free Member
Aug 7, 2009
Hungerford
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years
Paid up just to get the material - only £25

drove around 4 near me and looked up a few more on Google.

We think it worthwhile. Should only take a few overnights to break even.

Paul

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
In all fairness to Brit Stops it has been well promoted at all the shows with lots of information about what they are trying to do, also a few discussions on here about it. Hopefully if it gets established should be a useful extra when traveling. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We joined at Stratford and have received updates already . . if i recall if you buy at a m/h show it is a better price £20 .... as mentioned very useful and growing all the time :thumb:

OP
OP
keith

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
In all fairness to Brit Stops it has been well promoted at all the shows with lots of information about what they are trying to do, also a few discussions on here about it. Hopefully if it gets established should be a useful extra when traveling. :Smile:

As I understand it, it is established with around 110 entries, I just wondered if anyone has tried it.

Looks like it will be a good facility now it is growing.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I was going to subscribe to it but luckily I won a years subscription at Stratford.
Am very pleased with it and have had updates already. Seems like a good thing and there are plenty of stopovers in it.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
You are right Keith, put the wrong word I expect I meant as more people join and they get more pitches it will be a very usefully site. Also good to know they are updating it already.

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Paid up just to get the material - only £25

drove around 4 near me and looked up a few more on Google.

We think it worthwhile. Should only take a few overnights to break even.

Paul

Must admit it looks good but is the £25 an annual fee; do you receive updates via the internet and does it come like the Passions in book form?

Norman

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Must admit it looks good but is the £25 an annual fee; do you receive updates via the internet and does it come like the Passions in book form?

Norman

Hi.. We joined at Stratford show and received updates for the current month on our return home. ,we only paid £20 as a show special which we feel for a 12monthis fair

We have received 2 or 3 updates since joining for June via email with a pdf format download .sorry dont know the Passions format but quite happy with this setup so far ... hope this is of some help

Kath

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
Have been doing it for years for free , staying on pub carparks. you only have to ask permission from the landlord, after all you will be spending in your hosts premises so its a win win situation for you both.

johnson

Free Member
Aug 7, 2009
Hungerford
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years
yep annual fee

You get a book and updates arrive by email - the emails attachments are formatted like the book pages

Paul

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Yes we just print the updates off and stick them in the book.
Its also up to us to send in our stops so as to boost the numbers for next year. So if you know of a good place to park up for a night then send it in.
I have tried 2 now and its good.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years

Norman

Yes Yes and Yes

We joined at Stratford and have had a few updates already - looks like a good scheme and hopefully will make it easier for people to overnight in a safe offroad environment :thumb:

s7ev0

Funster
May 31, 2010
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit
Exp
Since 2009
Hi everyone,

Apologies for the tardy response on this thread - it passed me by!

I think everyone's answered the questions that have been asked, but just to clarify:

Brit Stops is based on France Passion, so for your annual fee you get a book that lists all the sites, with some info on the site and their produce. There are written directions from the nearest main road and post code for sat nav. The name and telephone number of the hosts is also published where they have agreed. A difference from France Passion is that some of our hosts require you to phone in advance. It's not a booking system, but some hosts also have large functions like weddings or car shows, and on those days they won't be available for motorhome stopovers.

This year being our first year, we're sending out pdf updates to all members. As mentioned, they can be printed out same size as the book (they are in exactly the same format), two to an A4 page or of course simply viewed on the laptop.

Also as I believe someone mentioned, if as a member you suggest a host site that subsequently joins, you get next year's membership free.

As someone else mentioned, you only really need to use it 2 or 3 times to recoup your money.

As well as creating a network of pleasant, free stopovers, we also have the aims of supporting local producers, and have the support of FARMA and English Wine Producers.

Any more questions, please do ask!

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back