Help Herald Templar info please (1 Viewer)

weetrapper1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Ford Herald Templar
Exp
1 year
Hi,

I have a herald Templar 2.5td on a ford chasis and love it. I brought it out of cold storage and i have two problems.

One my tyres are down and as i only got it last year have never had to put air in my tyres i know this is stupid and should have checked every trip but never. Anyway i can't find out what pressure should be in my tyres anywhere can anyone help where i could find out tyre pressures for this vehicle?

My second issue is where can i get info on the water tank and boiler. I have googled it, it is a Confort make but no information. My pump is fine and the water is heating the biggest issue is it is only taking about a pint of water into the tank and the pump will not switch off as the tank will not fill up does anyone have any idea what i can do to help it.

I live just outside Glasgow in central Scotland so if nobody knows any tips that can help does anyone know where i can take the van too?

Thanks for reading this i want to get it ship shape for travelling in March.

mark r

Free Member
Apr 6, 2009
leeds
Funster No
MH
c class
hi there the tyre pressure for a transit is 52psi that is what i run my transit luton at as to the water problem have you checked the tank to see if it is ok after the winter.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi and welcome.

tyres.....not knowing the weight of your van is a problem but i would say around 60psi rear and 56psi front as a starting point.

water heater.....
sounds like the boiler isnt pressurising due to trapped air and thats why the pump wont stop.

when filling the boiler, open the hot tap (with pump turned on) and run until water flows continuously from the hot tap.

do the same in the bathroom.
that should fill the boiler and purge air from the pipes.

do the same with both cold taps to purge air from the cold pipes.

the pump should then stop when the taps are off.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

weetrapper1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Ford Herald Templar
Exp
1 year
Hi,

Thanks for the advice.

I have done all that and it is now driving me nuts. The pump is fine just do not understand why the boiler will not fill up and why the pump will not cut out as it stops pumping water through when it stops taking anymore water via the pipes.

Anyone know experts in scotland regards these systems?

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Another way worth trying to purge air from the system is back flushing, open one hot tap and put a hose pipe to the tap outlet, turn on the hose (slightly) and see if you can get any water through, as long as there isn't a check valve in the system you should be able to purge any air out. N.B. if the water doesn't run through freely, turn the hose off otherwise you might over pressurise a joint somewhere.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I assume you have checked that the drain valve on the hot tank isn't still open. Obvious I know but sometimes happens, especially with the automatic ones that won't stay closed unless its warm enough.

OP
OP
W

weetrapper1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Ford Herald Templar
Exp
1 year
I have had an electrician check the pump and nothing has perished. I have put the hose onto the tap and purged it nobody has a clue what is wrong with this thing.

Getting frustrated at it now and ready for putting it up for sale. Been to plumbers and electricians and no0body can work this out.

It is putting a dampner on my feelings for camping. This should be simple not even sure who would look at it from a service point of view.

Thanks andmore help would be appreciated.

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi .
unless you remove the pump head and fisiceley examine the diaphram you will be unable to say it is sound or not. Before you do remove the head first ---
1/ Try disconnecting the outlet pipe, Run the pump and see if it pumps water. If it do's not - 2/ disconnect the inlet pipe,/fit a hose onto the pump inlet and dip the end of the pipe into some water. Leave the outlet pipe off. Turn on the pump. If water is still not lifted the chances are that the diaphram is damaged. If the pump lifts water with some presure, the chances are you will have a blockage in the feed pipe to the taps.

Hope this helps, PK :thumb:

camperkev

Free Member
Jun 27, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1991
heater air bleed

hi i had the same problem with my confort heater and solved my problem by opening the air bleed valve :thumb: if your heater is under the wardrobe and i assume it is ! switch the pump on at the 12v panel open the lower wardrobe door and on the top left hand side as you look at the boiler you should be able to see or feel a small plastic knob, turn this anticlock wise you should hear a hissing noise .........when you feel water coming out screw back in clockwise hey presto boiler full of water but easy for me to say i have the manual that i would be happy to scan and email to you on request hope this helps kev
Hi,

I have a herald Templar 2.5td on a ford chasis and love it. I brought it out of cold storage and i have two problems.

One my tyres are down and as i only got it last year have never had to put air in my tyres i know this is stupid and should have checked every trip but never. Anyway i can't find out what pressure should be in my tyres anywhere can anyone help where i could find out tyre pressures for this vehicle?

My second issue is where can i get info on the water tank and boiler. I have googled it, it is a Confort make but no information. My pump is fine and the water is heating the biggest issue is it is only taking about a pint of water into the tank and the pump will not switch off as the tank will not fill up does anyone have any idea what i can do to help it.

I live just outside Glasgow in central Scotland so if nobody knows any tips that can help does anyone know where i can take the van too?

Thanks for reading this i want to get it ship shape for travelling in March.

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
hi i had the same problem with my confort heater and solved my problem by opening the air bleed valve :thumb: if your heater is under the wardrobe and i assume it is ! switch the pump on at the 12v panel open the lower wardrobe door and on the top left hand side as you look at the boiler you should be able to see or feel a small plastic knob, turn this anticlock wise you should hear a hissing noise .........when you feel water coming out screw back in clockwise hey presto boiler full of water but easy for me to say i have the manual that i would be happy to scan and email to you on request hope this helps kev

Hi Kev - a very helpful and useful response, but I'm not sure if you noticed that the date of the OP's post was last February. He doesn't appear to have followed up his request for help by posting an outcome and as he was about to throw his toys from his pram by threatening to sell his camper he may well not have it anymore. And if he's still got it, he MUST have had it fixed by now .... ! Speaking on behalf of those that took the time to offer help - including you - it would have been nice to know ..... :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back