Despairing Campers (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Just read all the quotes about campers in Scarborough.Begining to wish we had not brought a motorhome. Should hav stuck to a tent.
Anyway where do i buy 1 of your yelllow flags from::bigsmile:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Don't panic, you will be ok. These stories often crop up. Don't let them wear you down ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Don't panic, you will be ok. These stories often crop up. Don't let them wear you down ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

especially this one in particular..... every year, and nothing changes. :Doh:

scarborough council started 24hr parking patrolling a couple of years ago, but i have yet to see a traffic warden (or whatever the modern name is :RollEyes:) after around 7pm in summer.

police have no say, or at least they aint bothered, unless you park inconsiderately and cause an obstruction etc

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Just read all the quotes about campers in Scarborough.Begining to wish we had not brought a motorhome. Should hav stuck to a tent.

Send a pm to Jim and he will let you know price and postage how to pay and then send it on to you

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
some authorities have employed someone to invent new names for coucil staff such as recyling officer=binman. Traffic wardens have been called (keep it clean) parking ambassadors,visitor superviser,parking attendant and the best one which sums up really what they do=parkiing finace protection officer.

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No

Well, you may like to try pitching your tent on the front at Scarborough then ...

See what sort of reaction you get .... :ROFLMAO:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
No need to worry! You see it everywhere, doesn't matter what it is.

I saw a driver overtake on a solid double, nearly hitting the car in front - Idiot Driver.

I have seen ramblers leaving gates open so animals escape - Idiot ramblers.

I have seen caravans being towed at 90mph - Idiot carvanner.

I have seen cyclists jump red lights, and swear at the people he nearly collides with - Idiot cyclist.

I have been driving off road, and seen laners going off route to mess about - Idiot laners.

I have absolutely no doubt that there are many Idiot Camper/motorhome owners out there - like everything in life - not everyone sticks to the rules, or respects the etiquette!

There are probably more Idiots who are just jealous, or nimby's that don't like anyone else enjoying the environs that may just stir things up for their own amusement...they're just called idiots!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back