Zehnder DX-65 12v power supply (1 Viewer)

TonyMH

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
Epsom Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Oct 2010
I have the above satellite receiver - can anyone advise me where I may be able to purchase a 12 power supply so that I can run it from a cigarette lighter socket in the MH?
All help appreciated,
thanks Tony:thumb::thumb:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
TheDX65 Zehnder receiver does not need a regulated 12V suuply, a simple lead with a 12V plug on one end and a suitable connector on the other will be fine. It should have been supplied with the receiver so I guess you got a second hand unit. You can buy the bits to make up a lead from the likes of Maplin or RS Components.

D.

OP
OP
TonyMH

TonyMH

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
Epsom Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Oct 2010
TheDX65 Zehnder receiver does not need a regulated 12V suuply, a simple lead with a 12V plug on one end and a suitable connector on the other will be fine. It should have been supplied with the receiver so I guess you got a second hand unit. You can buy the bits to make up a lead from the likes of Maplin or RS Components.

D.

The unit came with the motorhome, but did not have a 12v lead. I will try Maplins as you suggest. Thanks for that.

OP
OP
TonyMH

TonyMH

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
Epsom Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Oct 2010

D.

I thought the name Dave Newell was familiar...so I looked through all the receipts that came with the Compass Calypso (2002 model) and found one with your name on dated 24/7/2009. So you do know my MH - bought from Bill Stevenson from Leeds in October last year. The receipt is for labour only, so I don't now what work you did, but I suspect it was either the Camos sat dish and receiver OR the reversing camera. Anyway, we have been very pleased with the van so far - just come back from a month in France & Germany.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
We've obviously done some work on it but I can't say I remember it specifically. You should be able to buy a power lead frm Roadpro.

D.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
if you decide to make your own ensure the polarity of the plug is correct.

the center of the plug is USUALLY wired as live (pos, +ve) but look on the back of the receiver next to the 12v socket and it should show it. :thumb:

OP
OP
TonyMH

TonyMH

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
Epsom Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Oct 2010
if you decide to make your own ensure the polarity of the plug is correct.

the center of the plug is USUALLY wired as live (pos, +ve) but look on the back of the receiver next to the 12v socket and it should show it. :thumb:

Yes it is centre positive. I have ordered a power lead from Roadpro, whose catalogue was superb btw - very informative. The other good news is that Zehnder sent me a pdf manual for the DX65 in English....it obviously pays to be persistent as they told me there was no such thing a few months ago...

thanks again for all help :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back