Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We were reading about the portable Nature pure system after reading about the competition to win one, even though expensive at £132 and £38 for the filter, just like a normal britta filter jug I suppose only better?
Anyone had experience of these?
We wouldnt need it inline for showering and washing of dishes etc only drinking!:thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Brita has an activated carbon filter and only removes odours, not bacteria, it doesn't make foul water potable.

The Nature pure removes bacteria, cysts, etc... you can drink canal water after it's been through a Nature pure... try that with a Brita .. but read the full details on the Nature pure site... you get what you pay for and although the NP filters are expensive they will last well over a year .. IIRC correctly it will filter 9,000 litres , works out at about 4p per litre.. a lot cheaper than bottled..

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
I fitted our Nature Pure Filter a year or two ago. We wouldn't be without it now. We are still on the original filter, we carry a spare one for when this one needs to be replaced. Ours has it's own tap and is tee'd off of the cold water supply to the kitchen tap.
Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
This one we are looking at on the nature pure website filters 475 litres at £38.
We have looked at the option of fitting one in the van but to get to the water under the sink the fridge needs to be removed, needless to say we don't want to do that.

I know the britta is useless at filtering bad stuff and wondered if any of you had the portable unit which look a bit like a water jug.

We had some pretty horrible tasting " potable" water in France and wanted something to make it safe as well as good tasting as I drink a lot of water.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
We have looked at the option of fitting one in the van but to get to the water under the sink the fridge needs to be removed, needless to say we don't want to do that.

how about fitting under the sink in the toilet ?

apologies, I misread your first post .. you are enquiring about the portable system.. I read potable...:Doh:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Brita filters are really for taste, they do filter a few metals but thats about it. harmfaul bacteria will pass through it, and if you do not change it enough they will multiply in it:Eeek:

We have a portable filter (.4 micron) we use when walking, we can fill up at any stream and not bother that a dead sheep might be upstream. This is me filling a bladder last year from a mucky old stream in Brecon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• portablefilter.jpg
    portablefilter.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We have a portable filter (.4 micron) we use when walking, we can fill up at any stream and not bother that a dead sheep might be upstream. This is me filling a bladder last year from a mucky old stream in Brecon[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that didnt know you could buy bladders...for walking and hiking.

Works the same wayI suppose:RollEyes:

As to Jims suggestion, fitting one in the bathroom would be viable, thanks for that:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back