stop over blackpool or st annes (1 Viewer)

Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
any one know stop over orcamp site on blackpool to st annes road

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
no campsites between Blackpool and St Annes, but a nice convenient site at Hampton road club just behind the pleasure beach near the top of station rd, which is oposite south pier. Pete:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
We have stayed overnight at Clavely on the seafront. Betweeen Blackpool and Fleetwood. You will find a lot of MH's that stay over night there.

regards
Andrea

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
there is a carpark at the side of fairhaven lake thats ok but can get a little busy with the odd boy racer late in the evening, or a bit further up where the life boat station is the carpark there is very quiet and the toby cavery next to it is good eating.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Did anything ever come of the idea of an aire at Fylde?
Wyn

OP
OP
breeks
Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
there is a carpark at the side of fairhaven lake thats ok but can get a little busy with the odd boy racer late in the evening, or a bit further up where the life boat station is the carpark there is very quiet and the toby cavery next to it is good eating.
pickt the wrong one boy racers are just ariving wet and thundery night so not to many so far.thanks for info.

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
pickt the wrong one boy racers are just ariving wet and thundery night so not to many so far.thanks for info.

head toward blackpool from the fairhaven carpark and you will see a toby pub (not sure of the name) turn left and you will come down to the life boat place, the carpark there is very quiet.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi
no campsites between Blackpool and St Annes, but a nice convenient site at Hampton road club just behind the pleasure beach near the top of station rd, which is oposite south pier. Pete:thumb:

We stayed here first 2 nights of the school holls , before heading up to the LakeDistrict.
It was very handy for the pleasure beach only a 15 min walk . Which is the only reason why we went to Blackpool.
There was a cowboy fancy dress thing on. We didnt go , but it made pleasant entertainment watching grown men dressed as cowboys complete with tassels spurs hats etc walking up and down twirling guns and posturing to each other. Some even fired there guns and bright flashes came out the ends.
Blackpool itself ( not the campsite which was spotless:thumb: ) was a run down dump.
Couldn't believe how scruffy run down and dirty the place was.
It spoiled all the good memories i had of the place as a child.

Whilst the kids were in the pleasure beach we walked down to the sand dunes , £1000's has been spent on the promenade. Which is a great improvement .
But up the other end ..........
A funny highlight of the trip happened while we were on the South Pier with the kids , sat out having a coffee in one of the open cafes.
An old lady tapped me on the shoulder and asked,
" Is this the way out love ?"
I said
" Pardon ?"
She replied
" Is this the way out Love ? I've been up there ( pointing to the end of the pier ) and it went right out into the sea !":Doh::ROFLMAO:

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
head toward blackpool from the fairhaven carpark and you will see a toby pub (not sure of the name) turn left and you will come down to the life boat place, the carpark there is very quiet.
"Salter's Wharf" is the Toby Carvery I think you are referring to.

BobProperty

Free Member
May 20, 2010
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2010
Blackpool itself ( not the campsite which was spotless:thumb: ) was a run down dump.
It was ever so, though. (I can remember going to the Woolworths and the Model shop (was it a Beatties?) when I was a kid, along with tram and bus rides and sand. I don't remember the drunks and the fights but then I wouldn't be out at that time, but I'm sure they existed in the 60's.) I have lived and worked in the area, have relatives living or from there and have read a little of the local history. Blackpool was for the working class to go on holiday. Trains provided the transport, businessmen from Lancashire and Yorkshire (mainly) provided the investment. They made their holiday homes in St Annes and Lytham. The Pleasure Beach and general sea front holiday related infrastructure grew from the casual beach entertainers being banned from the shore. They bought property on the sea front and worked from that instead. The railway line from Blackpool South Shore or St Annes into Manchester Central(?) was the origins of "Club Class". Businessmen could live in Lytham St Annes area and commute into Manchester. They commissioned a series of high quality railway coaches fitted out like a Gentlemen's Club (which is what they were really) and businessmen bought into the set up, I think through an initial investment and then their season tickets.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We were advised on this very forum of the Solarium on the south end of Blackpool prom
It is a great place to plot up for a couple of days..

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We stayed here first 2 nights of the school holls , before heading up to the LakeDistrict.
It was very handy for the pleasure beach only a 15 min walk . Which is the only reason why we went to Blackpool.
There was a cowboy fancy dress thing on. We didnt go , but it made pleasant entertainment watching grown men dressed as cowboys complete with tassels spurs hats etc walking up and down twirling guns and posturing to each other. Some even fired there guns and bright flashes came out the ends.

Whilst the kids were in the pleasure beach we walked down to the sand dunes , £1000's has been spent on the promenade. Which is a great improvement .
But up the other end ..........
A funny highlight of the trip happened while we were on the South Pier with the kids , sat out having a coffee in one of the open cafes.
An old lady tapped me on the shoulder and asked,
" Is this the way out love ?"
I said
" Pardon ?"
She replied
" Is this the way out Love ? I've been up there ( pointing to the end of the pier ) and it went right out into the sea !":Doh::ROFLMAO:
Yes could not agree more Blackpool is going down hill, yes money spent on Trams and Prom but the town is poor, I dont go there if I can help it. Pete :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back