Adobe PSDS help needed (2 Viewers)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi daughter deleted some psds by mistake, I got her to undelete them using a programme but CS2 is now saying they are the wrong version and won't open them any ideas??

Olley

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi daughter deleted some psds by mistake, I got her to undelete them using a programme but CS2 is now saying they are the wrong version and won't open them any ideas??

Olley

What program did you use to Undelete them please olley?
Have you tried a system restore?
Can always be put back again

Start/All Programs/Accessories/system tools/system restore

Take it back to the previous entry

Let it fully restore and reboot.

Hopefully the files will be there

Last edited:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi Olley, PSDs are just Adobe proprietary form of image file - are the recovered files actually the ones she deleted? The Mac Trash Can is very simple to recover files from - have you tried that?

Laurie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Hi Steve, they should theoretically just be lying in the trash can ready to be picked out, I suppose repairing permissions may just damage the deleted files further, don't you think? Or maybe not....
Olley, may be worth investing in a Mac Utility Program if daughter is prone to accidents.....:RollEyes:

Laurie

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
We may be talking at cross-purposes Olley - I thought it was the Mac, no intention to confuse further!!!

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
hi laurie no its the pc but she emptied the recycle bin anyway

Olley

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The macs in ipswich she's in lisbon.::bigsmile:

Just can't understand why its saying wrong version as its the one they were created with. Its alot of work up the spout if she can't get them back

Olley

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
The macs in ipswich she's in lisbon.::bigsmile:

Just can't understand why its saying wrong version as its the one they were created with. Its alot of work up the spout if she can't get them back

Olley

Try this Olley

http://www.aumha.org/a/recover.php

RESTORATION: File Recovery Freeware by Brian Kato

Restoration is a freeware program by Brian Kato that restores deleted files no longer in the Recycle Bin. The good news is that it works not only on Windows 9x versions, but also on Windows NT, 2000, and XP — even in NTFS! It fits neatly on a floppy, since it is only 406 KB in size (and the Windows 2000/XP version is less than half that size), but you can also run it from your hard drive. I recommend you be prepared to use either option.
You can read more about Restoration and download it directly from Links below.
Over the years, many people have written to thank me for telling them about this tool, and saying that it has saved them from enormous data losses. I appreciate hearing about these success stories. Additionally, the program author’s email address is in the Readme file, and I bet he would like to hear your appreciation too!

http://www.aumha.org/freeware/freeware.php#restore
http://www.aumha.org/downloads/restoration.exe

Last edited:
OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
hi guys thanks but she has recovered them, its just they won't open in CS2 it says "wrong version" but its not, she has deleted elements earlier tonight but said she didn't delete any shared files, but I still wonder if its CS2 thats the problem not the recovered files.

Olley

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Photoshop

Hi Olley

I have been using Photoshop 7, Photoshop 8 attached to CS2 and am now using 'In design' with CS3 and quite often I get the message 'Wrong Version' especially with the more modern programs. Generally I can recover by going back to 'bucket and spade' work with PS7.

Most frequently my problems occur when trying to pick up a page completed in Indesign by using CS3 or vice versa. I'm not sure if your lass is only using one program of the integrated suite but I am quite happy to send a copy of PS7 if you think it would help. my PS8 is knackered but am willing to try and send Indesign with CS3 - but it is really bloated!!!!!

Dick

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi dick thanks for the offer, as far as I know she gone down the uni this morning to see if the tutors can do anything. There is one possible ray of sunshine, her friend backed-up two of the three montages onto her memory stick, if see hasn't deleted them, then chloe will only have to redo one.

Olley

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Adobe Acrobat

Another quick thought Olley - has daughter got Adobe Acrobat?

It might be possible to open adobe acrobat - tell it to convert you 'psd' files into acrobat - if it works, open the files and then save them in CS2 as 'psd'

Both programs are 'Adobe' so they should talk to each other.

Dick

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Olley,,

Has she loaded any other older graphics software on the pc recently that may have "taken ownership" of the files. (PSD)

May have changed a registry key to an earlier version.

Just a thought

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Steve not that I know off, but shes a blond, need I say more.::bigsmile:

I expect she will be back on later today and tell me whether she's had any luck.

Olley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back