Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
i am going to Spain on 23 July going to Tossa de Mare for 2 weeks then thinking of going to Barcelona .is there any good camp sites for kids then going on to camping Las Dunas ::bigsmile: I will be in the RV

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/accommodation/camping-in-barcelona.html
Above are three that are close to Barcelona.
There are loads of campsites on the coast around Barcelona area all with a regular train link into the city. Even from Salou, Cambrils,L'hospitalet ( near the adventure Park)you are only an hour from Barcelona or on the other side Malgrat del Mar area look for campsite at Santa Susanna, one funster I know has returned to it again this year

maggie

Polly

Free Member
Jul 25, 2008
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
5 yrs
Hi, Camping Barcelona at Mataro is good, we've stopped there and are going again this year. They run a free bus into Barcelona and also around local attractions.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
i am gowing to spain on 23 july gowing to tossa de mare for 2 weeks then thinking of gowing to barcelona .is ther any good camp sites foe kids then gowing on to camping lasdunas ::bigsmile:.i will be in the rv

We are in Las Dunas for first two weeks in August.

Child friendly I hear but grumpy old man unfriendly I suspect.

The things I do for my kids:cry:

OP
OP
LyndonRV

LyndonRV

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
lasdunas is a great place i have bin gowing there nfor the last 5 years ::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I love the area so as long as the kids arent too noisy I will be fine.::bigsmile:

Out of interest can you cycle from the site to St. Marti along the path by the beach?

I cant tell from the map and dont really want my youngest going on the roads.

Cheers

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
watch out for the thieves

I don't want to spoil your trip but we have had 3 attempted robberies and one actual robbery in Barcelona. My advice is to use every little bit of security available to you. Double check everything, close the blinds, hide the valuables, decide who is going to carry the cash and cards in one safe place. We also tie the front doors together with a strap and swing the fiamma door handle thingy round to give an extra lock on the back door.

Also put big fat proper locks on the bikes.

Good luck, the cathedral is crap by the way.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
the cathedral is crap by the way.

Are you referring to La Sagrada Familia....?

If so ( you are of course entitled to your opinion ), you are so very wrong - it is a masterpiece in so many ways, I cannot even begin to describe them. It is stunning.

bernardfeay

Free Member
Nov 18, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
hymer exsis
Exp
10 years
cathedral

thanks for not disagreeing about the thieves anyway.

OP
OP
LyndonRV

LyndonRV

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
2 years
you can cycle to escala and the other way is san peir pesadore on thr path by las dunas dont now about the other place what pich are you on at lasdunas ::bigsmile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Not sure which pitch - the wife has all that info. We are about 3 rows back from the beach. Its one of their super pitches - I know that much because of the price:whatthe:

There is a decent bodega in San pierre Pescador which I frequent. Does good tapas as well:thumb:

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
thanks for not disagreeing about the thieves anyway.

We also got robbed outside the "other cathedral" which is just off Las Ramblas. little old ladies (no joke) selling carnations outside - helping you to find the smallest coins in your purse, and taking the notes without you noticing. Unbelievable

So, i agree - beware of thieves

David

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I love the area so as long as the kids arent too noisy I will be fine.::bigsmile:

Out of interest can you cycle from the site to St. Marti along the path by the beach?

I cant tell from the map and dont really want my youngest going on the roads.

Cheers

Yes, turn left out of the gate at Las Dunas, you have to travel on the main road for about half a mile, (there is a sort of cycle path/gutter but the cars are a pain if you have kids) but its not far, then look for a layby, a track leaves it diagonally across a field, over a little footbridge then you are in the leafy lane to St.Marti passing the ruins etc. Takes just 15/20 minutes or so. That restaurant in St Marti has had a few quid off me over the years, its lovely.

I've been to Las Dunas a few times, its big, and very good, except they priced themselves out of my wallet, I think the last time I looked it was going to cost us (5 of us and a dog) 77€ a night:Eeek:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thanks Jim , that's really helpful.

It is very expensive and it's probably a one off for us to be honest.

I love all the restaurants at St Marti and the waiters in one of them make a real fuss of my youngest daughter.

I feel an expensive holiday coming on.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back