Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I'm interested in getting a small porch type awning for my van (2000 Bessacarr). It would have to be easy to put up as there's just me and at a price that won't break the bank. I have a Fiamma fitted to the van but I want something I can keep stuff in mainly in the winter which isn't going to flap around like Granny knickers on the washing line (which the fiamma does in the slightest wind) :ROFLMAO:. Any suggestions or is the van too tall at around 3 metres?

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
If the underside of the Fiamma awning is less than 240cm you should be able to fit on of these:

Link Removed

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
If the underside of the Fiamma awning is less than 240cm you should be able to fit on of these:

Link Removed

I will zip outside with a tape measure when nobody's looking. How would that attach to the fiamma? I spent a very merry hour watching some poor sod lasso what looks like a dome tent awning to his ancient Merc MH in the pouring rain and howling wind. That's not the option I fancy embracing ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
It will slip in along the slot in the front of the awning, or you could fix an awning rail to the mh side below the fiamma if it is to high, and there is enough clearance for the habitation door to open

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi i have a revolution driveaway xl for sale if your interested get in touch
Gerry

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
It will slip in along the slot in the front of the awning, or you could fix an awning rail to the mh side below the fiamma if it is to high, and there is enough clearance for the habitation door to open

That will not look very nice and it will involve DRILLING!

Peter

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988

If you want to drive away from it, you will need a 'figure of eight' fixing kit (I speak from experience gained from the clever people on here!)

Johns Cross sell them.

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
I don't mind if it's a driveaway or not. I may end up tying one to the van like Mr Merc :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back