Insurance - how do you cover trips of more than 90 days (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
I read of funsters going on long trips abroad and was wondering how do you get on with insurance?
The companies that I have looked at only cover 90 days in a year. Is there anyway to extend this?

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
The Camping & Caravan Club Hopme Insurance has cover for 180 days away from home :Smile:

Link Removed

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
The universe
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Safeguard do 365 days abroad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Do you mean vehicle insurance or travel insurance?

We have 365 days in Europe cover with Safeguard and use InsureandGo for travel insurance - they let you cover however many days you need.

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Safeguard 365 Motor Insurance also includes 365 breakdown and recovery insurance.

My bike insurance for the scooter is I think 5 months which they will extend apparently if you ask them nicely.

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Safeguard 365 Motor Insurance also includes 365 breakdown and recovery insurance.

My bike insurance for the scooter is I think 5 months which they will extend apparently if you ask them nicely.

:thumb::thumb:Thanks for all the advice - I have now cancelled the road insurance with LV that was £227 (just within the 14 days cancellation period) and taken out road insurance with Safeguard for £331 which included UNLIMITED mileage or duration for European travel and breakdown cover for vehicles of any length. There is also no limit on £'s for windscreen cover and better cover for camping items so better all round I think!

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
:thumb::thumb:Thanks for all the advice - I have now cancelled the road insurance with LV that was £227 (just within the 14 days cancellation period) and taken out road insurance with Safeguard for £331 which included UNLIMITED mileage or duration for European travel and breakdown cover for vehicles of any length. There is also no limit on £'s for windscreen cover and better cover for camping items so better all round I think!

Excellent. It seems the best of the lot for our needs and hopefully yours. I had a windscreen replaced a couple of years ago because of a chip. Autoglass came to our home, put a whole new screen in and sorted the paperwork out with safeguard. Nothing from me and no change in my premium. In fact its gone down a bit each year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back