Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
The lever on the toilet bowl is getting difficult to pull, don't want to yank it hard as it might break it, any idea what to put on. it to free it up?

It would be disastrous if it broke, especially here in France, have another 12days here.

I don't want to use any oil, I have bought some spray oil in France as we needed it for the entrance step sticking but not sure if it is silicon as it is all in French.

I understand that some substances will damage the seal and the plastics so am awaiting any replies.
Please!!!

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Whilst the lever is closed tip some olive oil onto the flap and gently open and close it,working the oil into the seal. If its the seal that's dried out this should cure it,if not it sounds like a mechanical issue.

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
The lever on the toilet bowl is getting difficult to pull, don't want to yank it hard as it might break it, any idea what to put on. it to free it up?

It would be disastrous if it broke, especially here in France, have another 12days here.

I don't want to use any oil, I have bought some spray oil in France as we needed it for the entrance step sticking but not sure if it is silicon as it is all in French.

I understand that some substances will damage the seal and the plastics so am awaiting any replies.
Please!!!

First here is some info, giving a drawing of the cassete

Link Removed

Then you can try:>>> is the cassette seated fully into its normal position

Remove the cassette and check if the valve handle is still stiff. This should tell you if the problem is on the cassette or on the seat.

If the handle is OK look knob that is to the right of the valve slider, you should be able to open the valve, can you turn by hand, IMPORTANT don't forget to return it to the closed position before putting the cassette back into place.

After that there is not much else I can offer. but it my help to find the problem.

Doug...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Welsh girl

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Worked a treat, thanks for your advice, left vegetable oil in the trap for a few hours as I didnt have virgin oil, lost that years ago.LOL

Lever sliding nicely now.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back