Jun 4, 2011
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 724FB
Exp
Since 1987
Hi everyone

Has anyone here had experience of using the Milenco Aluminimum Levellers. I have had a lot of trouble with levelling blocks to try to level my Chausson Allegro 94 which is naturally high at the back and hence slopes from back to front even on level pitches.

A fellow camper recommended these aluminium levellers. I would need to buy two and they retail between £75 to £95 each. Reading about them online does not convince me about their safety and strength. They also look like they might be hard work to raise the van.

Any advice a user of these things could give me would be very gratefully received.

Thanks

Graham :Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Graham and welcome.

looking at them i think i'd stick to regular levelling ramps.

1 ton swl sounds a lot but you may have a front axle weight of 1.5 to 1.7 tons so will be close to the limit.

something like the jumbo ramps would, in my opinion, be better

Fiamma ramps

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , Just bought milenco quattro's ( large and weighty) but fantastic ,easy to drive on and get level I also take 1 fiamma magnum level to level third wheel . Unless on very steep incline I have always got 95% level on all surfaces. Terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
I have the Fiamma ones and the millenco magnum,problem with the millenco is they are very large and heavy but they are very good,in my new motorhome i have no room to put them, so i have had to start useing my smaller fiamma ones which are not has good,does anyone not of any sort of fold flat ones !

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Ended up giving my Fiamma ones away.. Always seemed to be right on their limit and often still not high enough

Went to the big Milenco things and yes, they are big, they are heavy, but happy to pay that price as never once have they been unable to get us on the level !

The Milenco lifters are a great bit of kit but simply not man enough for us

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
on the level!

We too have the Millenco quads, They are as said very big and heavy but they have always left us confident in using the full height. The Fiamma ones seem to be a little light weight and we do not have 100% confidence in them.

OP
OP
F.M.C.Fourier

F.M.C.Fourier

Free Member
Jun 4, 2011
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Swift Bolero 724FB
Exp
Since 1987
Thanks ... but!!

Thanks for these replies, I appreciate them. I already have a pair of the Quattro levellers.:Blush:

Perhpas if I may explain a bit more: I can cope with the size and weight of the Milenco Quattros, but I have two problems with them. On solid ground or ground with large coarse stone they tend to slip. This seems to be because of the exceptionally smooth surface on the bottom. On ground with a bit of give they are OK. If I persevere with them I am going to try putting a rubber mat under them to solve this.

I am also usually alone and the natural "slope" on my van means I need to get on the top level. This is very hard without guidance and it is quite difficult not to drive over the end - especially if they have a tendancy to slip on the ground. I have gone over the end of one of them as a result and it shattered as it became wedged under the van (they are made of very brittle plastic - another problem).

So all of this is why I wanted to find out more about the alumium levellers.

@Jaws - you say the "lifters" are a great bit of kit but not man enough. Can you elaborate on this? One of my concerns was how safe they would be. They are designed for 1,000 kgs per wheel. My van is 3,500 kgs. Have you actually tried them?

Does anyone else have them? How do they get on with them?

:RollEyes:

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I have the Fiamma ones and the millenco magnum,problem with the millenco is they are very large and heavy but they are very good,in my new motorhome i have no room to put them, so i have had to start useing my smaller fiamma ones which are not has good,does anyone not of any sort of fold flat ones !

Bricks :ROFLMAO: not quite fold flat but stack flat
terry

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Used to use an earlier version when I was tugging as it was the easiest way of getting a caravan level side to side, only one needed of course, never thought about using on motorhome, but then never had problems with ramps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back