website for French Municipal sites (1 Viewer)

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Many thanks anyway !

Looks like a useless site to me ! I am currently in the Aquitaine area and half the sites are not mentioned ! Except the one that charges 17 Euros ! The majority are around 10 to 12 Euros ! I have just been ripped off by being charged 6 Euros and all I had for that was Lecky, and all the other accoutrements ! Just arrive and look around ! It's amazing what bargains are to be found !
The plan is, there is no plan !!! Just travel and arrive at an unexpected destination !!

At the moment on an aire with free everything including wi fi !! As I said found by just arriving !! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
The free everything site is so good you fail to mention where it is !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looks like a useless site to me !

Sorry for posting something thats so useless i will remember next time that not everyone wants what i assume is useful information i was only trying to be helpful.

Gerry

P.S. i also wouldnt mind finding out what aire your on as heading that way in July

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Looks like a useless site to me !

Sorry for posting something thats so useless i will remember next time that not everyone wants what i assume is useful information i was only trying to be helpful.

Gerry

P.S. i also wouldnt mind finding out what aire your on as heading that way in July

Well I have made a note of it and GLAD you posted it.

I think Ken is to!:winky:

Please look at all the thanks you have received:winky:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Sorry !! As if !!

The free everything site is so good you fail to mention where it is !!

Sorry if I upset you all but facts are facts ! It's all there in front of you !
The site I am on is at Montalivet on the Atlantic coast ! There is also another "natural" site on the beach as well !
I don't rely on websites all that much but on recommendations, As I said before, the adventure is in the travelling, not the planning !
Some of you like to have advice to "plan" where you are going ! but that's not for me !!

As for one of you saying that I had not said where I was , I mentioned it in a previous post of anothers comments on lack of wi fi sites....Look a little harder next time...Nuff sed !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
ps. My thanks are also there if you took time to look !!!

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
I'm with 'salopian' on this one, why would anyone pay their high prices in place of many aires that populate the same areas?

The best thing about visiting France is searching out new aires. We have stayed on many and possibly will never stay on the same ones again as there are so many.

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Salopian, what you may have not taken into account is the fact that some people, Gerry included I believe, have only a finite amount of time in which to take a holiday, and have to stick to some form of itinerary. Upshot being they may not have the time or inclination to zoom off here, there and everywhere looking for nirvana sites that cost zilch. If you have all the time in the world then go for it. Personally,we like a modicum of both planned and unplanned stops. One mans meat is another man's poison as they say! :thumb:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Thanks, Gerry.
As one who'll soon be going for the first time, it will be useful.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Sorry if I upset you all but facts are facts !

By no means have you upset me it will take a lot more than somebody on a forum with a different opinion from me to upset me, but as far as i can see it is opinion not facts. I did look and see that you had thanked me in the post so i did take the time to look but if you had took the time to look you would have noticed sites for 8euro a night with elec first one i clicked on near sarlat was this price.

We have been to france now on several trips starting with tent, folding camper, caravan and then mh, when we had the caravan we would book site but since we have had the mh we have never booked a site but as we have our daughter with us it is nice to have back up plans so that if the aire you get to isnt for you.

Kieth you mention why would anyone pay their high prices i can only speak for myself but as i have my Daughter and her friend with us i dont mind paying a few euros extra for them to have a good time. I also use aires, france passion, with the all singing all dancing sites. Everyone is different and everyones needs are different it would be a sad place if we all did the same and it would also be very busy on the aires if we didnt use sites:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, but i do have to disagree with you that The best thing about visiting France is searching out new aires, id put the weather, food wine and the people at the top of my list. I can just imagine me saying to Sophie right we are going to france this year in search of some new aires:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I sure she would rather go to the kennels with toby :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. This is just my opinion but if the best think about france is the aires i must be missing something.

Gerry

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
Last edited:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Sorry if I upset you all but facts are facts !

By no means have you upset me it will take a lot more than somebody on a forum with a different opinion from me to upset me, but as far as i can see it is opinion not facts. I did look and see that you had thanked me in the post so i did take the time to look but if you had took the time to look you would have noticed sites for 8euro a night with elec first one i clicked on near sarlat was this price.

We have been to france now on several trips starting with tent, folding camper, caravan and then mh, when we had the caravan we would book site but since we have had the mh we have never booked a site but as we have our daughter with us it is nice to have back up plans so that if the aire you get to isnt for you.

Kieth you mention why would anyone pay their high prices i can only speak for myself but as i have my Daughter and her friend with us i dont mind paying a few euros extra for them to have a good time. I also use aires, france passion, with the all singing all dancing sites. Everyone is different and everyones needs are different it would be a sad place if we all did the same and it would also be very busy on the aires if we didnt use sites:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, but i do have to disagree with you that The best thing about visiting France is searching out new aires, id put the weather, food wine and the people at the top of my list. I can just imagine me saying to Sophie right we are going to france this year in search of some new aires:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I sure she would rather go to the kennels with toby :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. This is just my opinion but if the best think about france is the aires i must be missing something.

Gerry

I have also just remembered that Camping car Infos also has a section on camp sites available as well as the vast number of Aires.

It also has parking places & Auto Route service areas, so really is an all round info site when travelling around.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi all dont know if its been posted before but found this website and thought might be of some use to some

It will be very useful .. thank you Gerry .. a nice 'find', it's the first Municipal Sites data base I've seen. :thumb:

It is very much a 'work in progress' but this is true of all camp site/aires databases and books..

It also has a Facebook page here Link Removed

Jim

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Sorry yet again !!

i thought this was af riendly site not a grouch or Victor Meldew one. Someone was trying to help ! Get a life and except it and dont be a nasty Bxxxxx:Cool:

I was just expressing an opinion, I know it is a friendly site and I have both been helped and also helped others ! I looked at the site and it wasn't useful in that there were numerous municipal sites that weren't mentioned in the guide ! Many at ridiculously low prices ! My attitude to my style of travel was just the same when I had a "proper" job and a limited amount of time for holidays , IE 2 weeks !
The joy is in the travelling, not the arriving !
By the way, your spelling of bastard is incorrect ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I am not upset by your comments on Victor Meldrew, he is my hero !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
I was just expressing an opinion, I know it is a friendly site and I have both been helped and also helped others ! I looked at the site and it wasn't useful in that there were numerous municipal sites that weren't mentioned in the guide ! Many at ridiculously low prices ! My attitude to my style of travel was just the same when I had a "proper" job and a limited amount of time for holidays , IE 2 weeks !
The joy is in the travelling, not the arriving !
By the way, your spelling of bastard is incorrect ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I am not upset by your comments on Victor Meldrew, he is my hero !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
::bigsmile:Pleased your not too upset. How did you work out which "b" word i meant
Victor is also my hero. I work at it since i retired.
regards
David:thumb:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
::bigsmile:Pleased your not too upset. How did you work out which "b" word i meant
Victor is also my hero. I work at it since i retired.
regards
David:thumb:

Perhaps we could meet up in December when I am travelling to Penelope Pitstop's jamboree in Zahora !!
Shame about the M.U. bit, but you will see sense one day and support The Gunners !:thumb: :thumb: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
Perhaps we could meet up in December when I am travelling to Penelope Pitstop's jamboree in Zahora !!
Shame about the M.U. bit, but you will see sense one day and support The Gunners !:thumb: :thumb: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Hola Salopian
Sorry only just found this reply from you re your trip to Zahora, wasnt being rude in not replying. Regards
Victor
ps who the heck are the Gunners, did you mean gummers !:ROFLMAO:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Exp
9 years !!!!
Just down the road for you !!

Hola Salopian
Sorry only just found this reply from you re your trip to Zahora, wasnt being rude in not replying. Regards
Victor
ps who the heck are the Gunners, did you mean gummers !:ROFLMAO:

Why not attend Jim's meet at Marjal ? :thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi shiftzz here's a tomtom .ov2 file of the sites, I have got them in .kml but the upload limit on here is a silly 97kb
Just change the extension from .zip to .ov2

Ian

Attachments

• French muninciple sites.zip
    91.7 KB · Views: 8

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries