LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi All
We are heading to France again this year and cant make up our minds where to go we are between Sarlat and the Vendee area. Due to having our daughter and friend with us both 14 we will spend some time in campsites but wondered if anyone knows of any good aire's that are close to river or swimming pool or just one that would be ideal for the 2 girls for a couple of nights. We are very flexible on where we go and have 19days to do it in.

Thanks in advance

Gerry

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just thought id bump it up in case you where all away last week and didnt see it:ROFLMAO:

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
If you're travelling on the A20 (E9), we can recommend the river Creuse, south of Argenton.
The river has been dammed for hydro-electric power, making a series of leisure lakes.

The lake near the town of Eguzon-Chantome is very popular for teenagers, with watersports and various festivals and events.
The next lake downriver is very quiet and we often stay on the very cheap municipal campsite there, with a little bar/restaurant on site. There are aires nearby and people also wildcamp in the woods there.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

blokarter

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 2008
My parents live in Eguzon and I would agree.

We have seen many motorhomes overnighting in the main carpark at the lake too. Not a massive carpark and can get busy in August.

As thehutchies says, the munipical site is very near.
Depend when you go you may find fireworks in the village or at the lake.

If you stop in the village there is a small parking area in front of the post office which the odd motorhome stops overnight too.

If you do use the village take a glass of wine ( or two ) in Cafe du Sport wich is owned by Bertrand ( the mayor's son)

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
My parents live in Eguzon and I would agree.

Oooh, now I'm jealous! :Smile:
A truly gorgeous place.

We would recommend it very highly - there is also a bourne at the SuperU supermarket in the village (overnight stops allowed) and free Wi-Fi at the Cafe du Sport.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Guys thanks for your reply's will definitely give it a go on holidays this year .

Any more suggestions welcome

Gerry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back